beach lot crashing
#11 02-06-2012 
no, I didn't move the lot before it crashed the first time. I have since moved it along the coast. And know I didn't turn the lot when I got it out of the bin either.

I tried again, last night, and tried putting it into another empty beach hood (a new same hood with a different name) and that didn't stop it crashing either.

I wonder if I package it, remove all the cc (there's not a lot of cc in it), and then reinstall it whether that might work, mmm, might try that before I bin it completely.

Thanks Shell.
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#12 02-06-2012 
Karen you could always package it and send it to me, I could see if it crashes my game, you'd just have to let me know which neighbourhood it goes in.

#13 02-06-2012 
ok, thanks Shell, i'll do that later today. it's time for me to do RL things now, before I get moaned at Smile.

#14 02-06-2012 
Well, i tried packaging it and it crashed the game, so no package either Sad

Unless anyone comes up with any other ideas I think I'm just going to have to start again Sad

#15 03-06-2012 
OMG! Karen- did you have my kitchen on the lot? If so that's the reason. It's been reported that using the Maxis dishwasher or trash compactor with it and saving the lot crashed a lot. If you did have it on the lot, I'm so very sorry about that.

My test lot crashed so I'd been trying to figure out why. Now that I think about it, my test lot had the kitchen and the Maxis stuff. Since I don't always use that (I actually prefer a sink and waste bin)...well, I'm bummed now. Sad I'd been testing it but obviously tested it the wrong way. So I recommend using a sink and waste bin for the time being.

* mustluvcatz worries

#16 03-06-2012 
mustluvcatz;13874 Wrote:It's been reported that using the Maxis dishwasher or trash compactor with it and saving the lot crashed a lot.

My test lot crashed so I'd been trying to figure out why. Now that I think about it, my test lot had the kitchen and the Maxis stuff. Since I don't always use that (I actually prefer a sink and waste bin)...well, I'm bummed now. Sad I'd been testing it but obviously tested it the wrong way. So I recommend using a sink and waste bin for the time being.

* mustluvcatz worries

OH NO! that is sad news MLC, hopefully it will be something easy to fix. I've had no problems with it...but like you I use a sink and bin. I haven't tried it with a dishwasher and trash compactor. I'll have to open my game and try it.
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#17 03-06-2012 
If you could do that, I'd appreciate it!

I've been thinking about it though- I had to do some changes for MTS and there's always the chance that those changes broke the counter that's meant to be used with appliances. After thinking about it more, I'm pretty sure I'd used the appliances with the counter and saved before. The lot that crashed had the changed files. So after I finish this blasted park, I'll be doing some testing of that theory myself.

#18 03-06-2012 
Sorry MLC! First I set up a test lot without dishwasher and trash compactor, exited, saved and reentered it. Then I added the dishwasher and trash compactor, exited, saved and when I tried to reenter the lot...it crashed. I took screenshots before exiting the lot.

I will now go back in delete the lot, make a new test lot and add the dishwasher and trash compactor one at a time, will let you know what happens later.

Quick question is the file on MTS and the one on your blog the same?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#19 03-06-2012 
Nope. MTS required changes, so the mesh is a bit different for the counter and island.

So if you have the set from my blog, there goes my theory that the changes broke the counter.

#20 03-06-2012 
The one I'm testing has the file name: 'MLC-RetroKitchen-Meshes'. Crashed with just the trash compactor, now to try the dishwasher.

ETA crashed with just the dishwasher as well.

Sorry, that is a members only option