True Blood Object
#11 30-08-2012 
Cynnix;16068 Wrote:fanseelamb, you're the reason I had to make the jar of Talbot Smile I am continually inspired by your sims and photos. We can have lots of pictures, as long as you take them. Most of my uploads to MTS get rejected because my photo taking ability is nonexistent Blush

Awwww! You know, I've actually been meaning to PM you and ask if you had any more True Blood goodies up your sleeve, since I love your Pam outfits and use them all the time. So it's especially exciting to suddenly see you here.... with a jar of Talbot. Poor Talbot. I have no Russell sim so we've gotta see yours! Surely your pic taking skills are fine. Leefish has a special pic forum and even accepts uploads, as you've probably noticed. Big Grin

Anyhow... I had a thought. I have no Russell sim but DO have a Sookie who'd gladly taunt that jar of talbot like a fish in a bowl. Have you considered adding aquarium animations to the deco version? It's probably not worth the effort, but if you actually like messing with anims it could be worth a shot. Personally I hate messing with bhav stuff so would probably not bother. Tongue

Ooh and if you're crazy enough to consider that... maybe also a "mourn" option like tombstones/urns have!

#12 30-08-2012 
leefish;16063 Wrote:? Your banner is there

Odd, because when I asked, it wasn't. I've refreshed the screen, pressed F5, nothing fixed it... oh well. Thanks anyway.

#13 30-08-2012 
You are talking about here in the posts? Cos I see it fine on the post above too....
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#14 30-08-2012 
So can I, BO
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#15 30-08-2012 
fanseelamb;16071 Wrote:
Cynnix;16068 Wrote:fanseelamb, you're the reason I had to make the jar of Talbot Smile I am continually inspired by your sims and photos. We can have lots of pictures, as long as you take them. Most of my uploads to MTS get rejected because my photo taking ability is nonexistent Blush

Awwww! You know, I've actually been meaning to PM you and ask if you had any more True Blood goodies up your sleeve, since I love your Pam outfits and use them all the time. So it's especially exciting to suddenly see you here.... with a jar of Talbot. Poor Talbot. I have no Russell sim so we've gotta see yours! Surely your pic taking skills are fine. Leefish has a special pic forum and even accepts uploads, as you've probably noticed. Big Grin

Anyhow... I had a thought. I have no Russell sim but DO have a Sookie who'd gladly taunt that jar of talbot like a fish in a bowl. Have you considered adding aquarium animations to the deco version? It's probably not worth the effort, but if you actually like messing with anims it could be worth a shot. Personally I hate messing with bhav stuff so would probably not bother. Tongue

Ooh and if you're crazy enough to consider that... maybe also a "mourn" option like tombstones/urns have!
Sorry, I was working in milkshape.
I'm so glad somebody other than me is using them Smile Talbot was one of my favorite characters, so sad they killed him off. My Russell isn't done yet, but I was planning on sharing when he's complete. I also have some clothes made, one of the outfits is based on your Jason outfit. I hadn't bothered to complete the set because I usually have to try four or five times to get my pictures "right" to upload there. I'll get them together and share here Smile

I've never messesd with anims, but I'll try to do it on the deco version (I'm not a fan of deco only anyway, but Talbot was a must have), I think it would be fun for Sookie to taunt him. The mourn option would be awesome...I wonder if both could be added?
Cynnix, proud to be a member of Leefish since Mar 2011.

#16 30-08-2012 
Pic taking. I am a fan of pretty pics, and the one you shared here looks fine to me. I sometimes think the "problem" on MTS is how to have an elderly computer that struggles to run the game sometimes and yet still take a nice picture that shows your item/clothing/sim.

They have loads and loads of examples in the wiki, but it can be hard to find. I use photoshop's save for web function (old but gold) on my "print to screen" screenshots. Fraps and Gadwin just confuzzle me.

What helps (to keep pictures in some kind of realistic size) is to realise how the compression algorithms work. The color white takes the least space in your picture, so if it is an object or clothing - white background. That way the nice colors and shading of your object don't have to share compression space with a fancy background. Maybe even a white or off white floor. Avoid brick and wood as backgrounds for object shots. Have the lights ON in game if you are doing an interior shot - even in daytime. Turn OFF reflections. Turn off neighbours. Set hood view to small as possible.

THEN take the shot. The pictures forum is also to practice taking a picture and sharing the ones you are proud of - it doesn't have to be an upload. Karen is pretty good at getting good shots on an oder lap top - maybe she has some tips.

#17 30-08-2012 
Okidoke, now I've looked at Talbot in SimPE and in game. Smile

Cynnix, you're right, you did miss something when you added the glass subset: You didn't add it to the shape. That's why it won't show up. (Been there, done that, still keep missing it...)

And when you can see the glass, you'll see that the goo doesn't actually change shape when placed, but that the mesh is tilted. It's the skeleton that does that, so try assigning all vertices 100% to the same joint (I recommend root_trans) - that should fix the tilt.

But even if you change the bone assignments, Talbot will still sink into the ground (also noticeable once you can see the glass). Sad That's easily fixed, though:
Go to the CRES and select "Joint0 - teddybear" in the blocklist. Then simply change the Z translation to 0,150000, and Talbot will be at floor level. (Maybe you already know it, but Z in SimPE is the height and Y is the depth. I swear they do these things just to play with our minds... Confused)

Hope this helps!
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#18 30-08-2012 
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me! I'll open it up and hopefully get it working Big Grin
Cynnix, proud to be a member of Leefish since Mar 2011.

#19 30-08-2012 
leefish;16073 Wrote:You are talking about here in the posts? Cos I see it fine on the post above too....

When I said "when I asked, it wasn't there" it was already back... but that wasn't when I asked Big Grin

Yeah, my head is beginning to hurt too.... from laughing so hard! Big Grin

#20 30-08-2012 
I know what it is I think - it depends which reply you use. On quick reply signature is always ticked - on full reply it isn't. Hmmm. Confuzzling. I shall try and fix that.

Sorry, that is a members only option