Sims 4 News of the Day
#31 22-09-2013 
I've discovered the schedule feature on tumblr (instead of just queuing posts) so here are some Leefish exclusives. Of course, there is absolutely nothing new in either of these links but they are new.

Sunday September 22nd
  • Best Buy has a brand new product description and list of features for The Sims 4. Even though it's new it still says the same thing (nothing) in just a different way. -- Best Buy
  • The Sims 4 | Sims Customisation and Character Interactions | FTW September 2013 -- EA News UK

#32 22-09-2013 
What did interest me is that the pre-order price of Sims4 is 59.99 for the disc, 69.99 for the digital. In both dollars and euros. Last I looked the exchange rate is 1 US Dollar equals .74 euro. So um why are the prices the same number value???

#33 22-09-2013 
I only get a US dollar amount listed and that is for $79.99. Probably some site wonkiness and not EA being greedy so-and-so's this time.

#34 23-09-2013 
Monday September 23rd
  • The Sims 4: Simified’s Q&A With SimGuruGrant has new information! -- Simified

#35 23-09-2013 
Yay - so all the life stages are there. Phew for that.

#36 23-09-2013 
"Weather is something we’d like to have in the base game, but right now, with The Sims 4, weather and seasons will not be present in the base game [so we'll compromise and sell it to you months later at full price to ensure that you can enjoy your game play]"

Not trying to whinge, as I think that Seasons should be an expansion pack, but I just wish they'd be more honest about their expansion pack model. I don't mind buying expansion packs at all, but I get really irked when I read how much they want to give their features away for a single price like other game publishers do, but just can't do it for some unspecified reason, and so in turn sell what they wanted to include at a high full game price instead of a low add-on price.

I never paid much attention to EAs PR, but I don't think they are doing a very good job of selling TS4. I get annoyed and lose interest every time they make a new statement. They should just stick to showing pictures and videos.

As always, thanks for the updates, Honeywell!

#37 27-09-2013 
No real news but here are a few odds and ends.

Friday September 27th
  • The Sims 4 | EB Games Expo 2013 — EB Expo
  • The Sims 4: Mixed Feelings Have Never Been so Much Fun — US Gamer

#38 02-10-2013 
* Honeywell gives this thread a good dusting and gets down to business.

We have news! Ok, it's such a miniscule bit of information it barely deserves the name but it's new so I'm excited. Big Grin

Wednesday October 2nd
  • Joining the Mile-High Club in The Sims 4 -- IGN
  • Achievement: “50 Mile High Club” Confirmed! -- Graham Nardone
  • And the disappointing follow up, Achievements are for the player, not Sims. -- Graham Nardone again

#39 02-10-2013 
ARg
My sim woohoo'd in the mile high club - not me. I know its my birthday but yea BOGGLE Big Grin

#40 03-10-2013 
I would rather have my sims achieve things themselves. I don't foresee myself striving to make my own video game 'memories'. I love playing BV and having them build their memories, but I never understood/cared/used PETS unlocked features for pet promotions. "You just unlocked a new fur!" [click close don't bother checking] "You just unlocked a new collar!" [click close don't bother checking]. I find PETS a bit annoying in that sense.

Also, achievements are a product of other video games, yes? Why would EA want TS4 to be the same as every other EA or Valve game with achievements? I guess I'm in the weird minority where pretty much all other video games bore me except for TS1 and TS2. TS3 WA is very quest adventure like and I enjoy it, but I only need to play it once. What happens for folks who actually achieve everything... is that the official end of the game? Games that dictate players actions are boring for me, so I don't get it...

Sorry! Wish I could be excited about this. I was really looking forward to new TS4 news too!

Sorry, that is a members only option