Sims 4 News of the Day
#41 03-10-2013 
Well, I'm sure you can just ignore it if you don't care, just like I ignore the sims' memories in TS2. Actually - the sims probably will have memories don't you think? And these "achievements" will be in addition to that? I actually think it might be neat to show you what you have and haven't yet experienced in the game, so that you get to see everything there is to see.

#42 03-10-2013 
There's custom memories that you have to capture yourself and assign an emotion to and now we know the achievement system they were talking about is for player achievements. But so far I haven't heard anything about a passive memory or achievement system like we have in Sims 2 -- which is disappointing for me because those are the ones I like.

WoW introduced the type of achievement system that's being described here a few years ago and every once in awhile there was something cute but for the most part I wasn't interested. But take that achievement system and combine it with the spam your friends type of system EA started in Sims 3 and then it becomes something else entirely. But that's me being pessimistic again, I'll have to wait until I actually get to play to know if I think it adds to the game or see whether it's easily ignored if I don't care for it.

#43 03-10-2013 
How strange I was looking at a cubed type house picture today, I was thinking of making it into a dorm since that's the only kind of lot I haven't uploaded yet.

Wow karen you hadn't seen that cube house on MTS before? It was up on the featured area for a good year I thought.

HW, I like that couples pose on the couch. I was reading somewhere else about the way the sims moved and how it was said they won't reposition themselves before moving on and thought that's been one of my biggest bugs of sims 3, that start and stop thing they do. But felt like saying sims 2 may have some problems but they moved a lot more naturally then sims 3! They like to conveniently forget that.

#44 03-10-2013 
(03-10-2013 01:40 AM)fanseelamb Wrote:  Well, I'm sure you can just ignore it if you don't care, just like I ignore the sims' memories in TS2. Actually - the sims probably will have memories don't you think? And these "achievements" will be in addition to that? I actually think it might be neat to show you what you have and haven't yet experienced in the game, so that you get to see everything there is to see.

I totally agree with you if it is unobtrusive. The sims memories (which I like) in TS2 have to be clicked on to view, and the BV sims memories/achievements (which I also like) have to be double-clicked on to view, but PETS player achievements (which I don't like) are pop-ups. It's like witches showing up on OFB lots (and crashing old laptops) for Apartment Life (I think this was the expansion pack when this started). I bought AL because I wanted my Sims to live in apartments, not because I wanted to play with witches. I don't think there is anything wrong with players who want to play with magic and witch sims, but there is really no choice for this add-on 'feature'. So for me, it's really hard to say "Yeah, that's cool for folks who want it..." because it might not be cool at all for folks who don't.

I think you have a good point and some might appreciate having a checklist of sorts for game play. However, I love discovering the world of sims on my own because every new discovery is a surprise and learning new tricks in game play is always exciting --like learning about leefish's grocery shopping sim. I don't want a checklist for game play and I don't want to spend 70 bucks on a game and get a reminder that after a year I haven't "achieved" anything. Again, if it is unobtrusive it's no big deal... and that's all I can hope for since EA has already decided to implement it. Nevertheless, I'm not excited about it at all as I'm seeing a trend in the TS4 announcements (such as players having to cater to sim emotions or actions will be greyed out) which has the game controlling players rather than the other way around.

Right now the only thing that I am interested in TS4 is the characters shown in game play previews ads and commercials (I don't care about Ollie or his rival but I love everyone else). I really really really hope that those sims will all be playables or townies in the release. I absolutely love their designs and don't want to spend my first month of game just trying to recreate them! I especially love the blonde skinny girl and the brunet guy with the jumper and shorts (I think he's got a bit of the crazy trait) I also really like the Asian sim guy.

#45 05-10-2013 
There's no news but there was a nice interview with Grant Rodiek at Gamescom that was just posted that I enjoyed just because he sounds so happy about the game. Big Grin I also included your responses here at leefish to the achievements in a new Dear Sim Guru feature I added on my blog. They were great and I wanted to include them but now as I'm writing this I wonder if I should have asked first? Gah, if you mind or rather I didn't please let me know.

Saturday, October 5th

The Sims 4 Preview Interview With EA by Gamer Hub TV

#46 12-10-2013 
A few small things!

Saturday, October 12th
  • Graham responds briefly to the criticism of the Sims 3 camera to say The Sims 4 camera is improved. -- MTS
  • There's a new issue of a free community created magazine with interviews from Sims Camp with Aaron Houts and Jill Johnson. -- SF Magazine

#47 12-10-2013 
I didn't know that he was member of MTS. That kind of outreach on a great site like MTS is pretty cool.

#48 12-10-2013 
There is a long thread to him over on MTS nanashi and he does respond in there.

#49 12-10-2013 
I think so too, nanashi. Graham always comes across like he's enjoying himself and is happy to talk with fans too which is great -- he's probably the only thing about how the Sims 4 is being marketed that I like. Big Grin

#50 13-10-2013 
@leefish It's not news but it's better... it's Dutch! Heart

Sunday, October 13th
  • G.MAG #10 September 2013 The Sims 4 article by Jonathan Meesschaert -- my tumblr

Sorry, that is a members only option