How to colour glass when you don't have the TXTR for it. Simple TXMT changes.

When you have a window, fence, door and you want to change the colour, so you clone/recolour it - but there's no TXTR? Don't panic. Follow these simple steps.

1. Choose a colour - you need to have the RGB values. If you don't have a paint program, you can use this site: ColorPicker.com which will get them for you.
2. For each number, divide it by 255. it will give you a number between 0 and 1.

Our Example I'm using the invisibarrier in Ether to recolour to blush.
This Colour is Blush It's RGB is 180,97,123

The numbers to use are
180/255 = 0.705
97/255 = 0.38
123/255 = 0.482

3. Open up your object with SimPE, plug-in details tab.Choose the TXMT that has a name that ends with glass. Although you won't be able to change the texture, you can use the TXMT to change the colour.

There is a field called stdMatDiffCoef, place your 3 numbers in this field, separated by commas with no spaces.
Example: 0.705,0.38,0.482

4. Commit. Save.

[Image: thumb640x480]

5. Test it out.

[Image: thumb640x480]

Screenshots
There are no additional images for this resource How to Colour Glass using the TXMT Screenshot How to Colour Glass using the TXMT Screenshot  
Comments
#2 30-03-2014
YAY! I've done this before - but, through trial and error. Now, I can know what I'm doing! Thanks Big Grin

#3 30-03-2014
This is awesome, thank you Kiri Big Grin One day I will learn what awesome tricks the TXMT has to offer. This is a big step in the right direction! Smile

#4 30-03-2014
Thanks for this Kiri, I recently spent a few hours trying to work it out on my own, like Catherine said "through trial and error". Now I feel stupid, seeing how easy it is. Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option