sims2 #1
These are 2 lights made for picture taking purposes. The yellow one casts light from above, like a ceiling lamp. The pink one casts light from below, like a garden lamp.

Features:
  • invisible when the camera is below them - will not be seen in your pics
  • visible when the camera is above them - easy to place, move, delete
  • can be placed almost anywhere with no cheats - indoors, outdoors, over weird stuff, on top of each other, etc.

[Image: tumblr_nxb0g7jwQM1qe8u5uo2_540.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nxb0g7jwQM1qe8u5uo1_540.jpg]

Protips:
  • use "moveobjects on" cheat to place on beaches
  • use "boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false" cheat to place in common areas of apartment lots
  • make sure you're on the ground level (press "page down" a few times) if you have trouble deleting lights placed outdoors

Requirements: The pink lamp (light from below) requires the Open for Business expansion. Sorry about that. I cloned it from an OFB lamp because it was my fave lamp to use for lighting pics, and I didn't really have sharing in mind when I originally made these. The yellow lamp (light from above) is basegame compatible.

Tested? Yeeaah. I've been using these for at least a year in all my pics. I love them so figured someone else might like to have them too. However, it was only a few days ago that I managed to get the pink light's thumbnail to work, and remove the outdoor shadow from the yellow light. So those bits haven't been quite so thoroughly tested. Please do report any issues. Big Grin

Price: $0 ....but sometimes $1? Yeah IDK it's super weird but doesn't really matter.

Catalog Location: Ceiling Lamps

Polygon Counts: Light from Above = 5 polys; Light from Below = 6 polys

Thank you! To all the lovely fishes who helped in my WIP thread for this project a whole year ago. Eeesh I'm slow. Tongue

Nov 4, 2015 Update: Fixed the “light from below” (pink) light so it appears properly in the community buy catalog, next to the “light from above” (yellow) one. Please redownload to get the fix.

CREDIT and LINK if you use my stuff.

Mesh and texture edits (aka recolours) are welcome.

You may include my meshes with your recolours.

You may include my content with your own packaged Sims and Lots.

Please do not redistribute my original files in any other way.

Please do not redistribute my sims or altered versions of them.

Please do not post any part of my work on any paysite, including TSR (The Sims Resource).

Have fun!

Screenshots
InvisiLamps Screenshot InvisiLamps Screenshot   InvisiLamps Screenshot InvisiLamps Screenshot InvisiLamps Screenshot InvisiLamps Screenshot  
Download link
Filesize 10.86 KB | File Name fanseelamb -- InvisiLamps.rar | # of Downloads 1,917
File Updated 04-11-2015

Comments
#9 02-05-2014
You guys make me giggle like a mad lamb and feel all warm and squishy at the same time. Thank you. Glad you like it. Big Grin

#10 02-05-2014
Nice! Big Grin

I've found in my game that all objects that normally go for §0, suddenly cost §1 once the 'buying family' has gained the discount benefit. I think it's another one of those things that the EAxoids screwed up. Smile

#11 03-05-2014
These will come very handy

#12 03-05-2014
@BoilingOil - Ahhh, okay! The family I was playing when it cost $1 does own a business so that makes sense! In a nonsensical EA way. Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option