Sims 2, Graphics and Windows 10
#261 15-12-2015 
  • Registered
Haha, well thank you BO. I removed the other one but I'm still getting a Direct3D Crash error that says Out of Video Memory. But I have pretty high memory so I'm confused. Then I checked my exception log and it says I'm using way more memory than I should be. Is this a corrupt CC issue? (I'm hoping not but it most likely is). I've attached the Exception file incase for when she gets back. Smile I'm just hoping it can be fixed. I haven't been able to use my game in a few weeks, and I film sims so this sucks. Haha.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2015.12.12 18.03.56.txt (Size: 14.98 KB / Downloads: 482)

#262 16-12-2015 
Actually, using 1.5 GB isn't too weird if you have up to M&G installed. If this were a corrupt CC issue, you should be able to find out very quickly, using the principle that you cannot have corrupt CC is you have no CC: move your entire Downloads folder to the desktop, and also move the groups.cache file. Then start the game. If it fails to run without CC, the problem *must* be something else.

#263 16-12-2015 
  • Registered
I'm having the problem most people are having with the game. The game is crashing when I try to create a Sim literally every time I go to change the hair. I'm on Windows 10 any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached File(s)
.txt  ZAC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 429)

#264 16-12-2015 
HI @zac268, because it always happens when you're about to change the hairs, I would like to ask: do you have any custom hairs in your downloads folder? If so, I would try to move those out, delete the groups.cache and then try to restart the game. If you can then create a sim normally without crashes, then it means that one of the custom hairs is broken. Then comes the rough part of trying to figure out which one is the culprit. But if your game still crashes, even without the custom hairs, then there must be something else amiss. At least, then we know a little more.

#265 16-12-2015 
  • Registered
@BoilingOil I don't have any mods or custom hairs that arn't included with the Ultimate Edition already if thats what you mean. My laptop is pretty low end and I don't believe it could handle mods of any type without slowing down the game itself.
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2015 10:35 AM by zac268.)

#266 16-12-2015 
  • Registered
This is extremely frustrating, I have been attempting to get this game to work for hours now with no progress whatsoever. The game runs fine when I join other families and play them. I moved a family into a house and furnished it completely just to see if it would crash. After that I saved and went back to CAS and again it crashed immediately when I clicked on a hairstyle from one of the expansion packs.

#267 18-12-2015 
  • Registered
Hi guys, I cant get my sims 2 (ultimate collection) to work properly on my laptop which is running on windows 10, i keep getting "The Sims 2 EP9 Has stopped working" error, ive looked through my config and found this: Name (driver): Intel® HD Graphics Name (database):
Intel® HD Graphics <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
does anyone know how to fix this? I also cant seem to find "sims 2 launcher" anywhere on my computer???

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe"

Thanks.

#268 18-12-2015 
  • Registered
My config log

Attached File(s)
.txt  FRANKS-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.42 KB / Downloads: 465)

#269 20-12-2015 
Hello,

I posted this some time ago, but received no reply, I would really like some help with this problem, especially since I am on holidays and have a lot of spare time.

I have just recently been trying to use Sims 2 on my Windows 10 (64-bit) laptop, I have been able to successfully download and install the game (I can even enter the neighbourhoods). However, when I entre Create-A-Sim or try to load a household the program crashes and my laptop shows a message say that an error has occurred and the programme will now be terminated.

I am not really sure what to do, I have got Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (from Origin).

Here is my log;

.txt  JAZS-LAPTOP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.36 KB / Downloads: 418)

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me inorder for me to successfully play the game.

-Jazziey9
Jazziey9, absolutely clueless.Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 04:29 AM by Jazziey9.)

#270 20-12-2015 

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option