Sims 2, Graphics and Windows 10
#281 28-12-2015 
  • Registered
Hi!

I've been having trouble with Sims 2 graphics for ages! I never realized it could be fixed this easily, I always thought it was due to my graphic card being rubbish. But I downloaded the file from the first page, changed the "seti Low 1" etc. to 3 and it works!
Thank you x

Oh, I cheered too soon I guess. My Sims have this black squeares underneath them in CAS and when they're inside the house..
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2015 09:04 PM by DramaQueen.)

#282 28-12-2015 
  • Registered
I just installed the sims 2 onto my new PC with windows 10. I finally got the game installed and running but the second time logging in (with cc) I get a black screen every time I click on something. If i minimize and then enter the screen is back but will go black as soon as i click. I have already changed the graphic rules and video card.sgr so I don't know what else to do...

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-T461LII-config-log.txt (Size: 10.33 KB / Downloads: 560)
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2015 10:00 PM by elyahopey.)

#283 28-12-2015 
@elyahopey - Try it again with no CC. If it works, the CC is your problem.

@DramaQueen - The first post here has instructions on getting rid of the black square. It works the same in Windows 10 as in Windows 8.

#284 28-12-2015 
  • Registered
@fanseelamb I disabled the cc but I still get a black screen when the town loads. If I minimize the game and reopen I can see it but as soon as I click it goes back to black.

#285 28-12-2015 
@laura8989 - Installing Sims 2 on Windows 8 or 10 is a bit tricky. You have to follow the steps outlined in this tutorial. I suggest you uninstall whatever you've got installed now, since it apparently didn't install correctly. Then follow the tutorial to reinstall. Don't worry, it looks more complicated than it is!

@elyahopey - Physically remove the CC from your Downloads folder, don't just disable it. This may not actually fix anything, but it will at least tell you whether or not the CC is the problem.

@anialica - The simplest thing to try is to delete the "Groups.cache" file from your "Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder. This often fixes crash issues like the one you describe.
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2015 10:23 PM by fanseelamb.)

#286 29-12-2015 
  • Registered
@fanseelamb

I deleted/removed all the cc from the downloads folder but i still get the same problem. I even tried opening in window mode (-w) but same issue....

#287 29-12-2015 
  • Registered
@fanseelamb
I have deleted the Groups.cache file as you suggested, but the issue persists.
Maybe i should describe it with more details:
1. I try to enter a household, it starts loading.
2. Once all stripes (or columns, or whatever you call it) have loaded the sound pauses for a second and the cursor remains on 'loading' (hourglass).
3. The Windows + D shortcut does not work then and I have to switch the laptop to sleep and then back on for the game to minimize and to display the error.

#288 30-12-2015 
  • Registered
I bought a new computer with w10 and installed the sims 2 from origin, Reading your previous post i managed to have back the screen resolution, smooth edges and get rid of black squares under sims. The game seems running fine, but it randomly crashes, so i was checking in the config log and maybe the problem is the 32mb texture memory?

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-AM29U7C-config-log.txt (Size: 10.24 KB / Downloads: 553)

#289 30-12-2015 
^ Pat1, it seems that whatever you edited didn't make the game recognize your graphics card. If you downloaded some graphics fix from this thread and replaced files with it did you put it to the right place? They should go to Mansion and Gardens stuff folders unless you have UC in which case the folders are located in \Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\ & \Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\

The actual reason I popped here was to share this though: Fix for Sim shadows. Very useful if you don't want to lose the Sim shadows but also don't want black squares Big Grin

#290 31-12-2015 
  • Registered
Hi! i recently got a new computer with Windows 10.

i installed Sims 2 Ultimate edition and it works perfectly except for graphical glitching. The neighborhood screen is primitive and the water graphics are glitched, often disappearing         like alot of other posts. Within graphic settings the soft edges scroll bar is unavailable (greyed out) and the only refresh rate available is 60. While building the glitching is constant, with the build grid and alot of onscreen objects vanishing.

I presume its the result of the game not being able to read the more advanced graphics card,
.txt  RINA-LAPPER-config-log.txt (Size: 10.33 KB / Downloads: 607) as outlined in the log, however unlike previous posts that require one to replace their graphics card file or video card file with the downloaded version in the specific game folder, fun with pets, my game runs off a specific folder , mansion gardens stuff, thats were the launcher directs to. I placed the sgr graphic files in this games config files as a reult however it hasent made a difference, the neighbourhood view and glitching is still happening.

I dont know if my problem is that the graphics card is a duel cars, I'm pretty sure it isent, its primarily how one goes about installing a proper graphics rules. the game worked perfectly well on a windows 8 laptop and I've already adjusted the settings to be windows 8 compatible, however i haven't done anything to the allowed allocated memory to the application (the game itself)

thankyou so much for creating this thread and the help you give out , i hope this is fixable

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 31-12-2015 06:03 AM by nall.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option