Sims 2, Graphics and Windows 10
#291 31-12-2015 
  • Registered

@PlayStar201 If you go to the thread I've quoted to Puppet, and Use the GraphicRules-NVidia-TextureFix.rar - that will fix your problem

Sorry for replying so late , but i actually gave up hope on fixing Sims 2 , but i tried it again with the TextureFix above and it worked , i have no longer problems with sims 2 , i can finally play normal again , like in windows 7! Thanks for helping me , Celi! You are the best!

#292 31-12-2015 
  • Registered
]I just bought a new HP laptop and it came with Windows 10 -- I expected Sims to work fine (I downloaded via Origin) because my sister also has a new HP laptop w/ W10 and her Sims game runs just fine. No problems, no choppy blue water, no lagging. But when I downloaded it, I had the choppy blue water (which isn't too much of a problem to be honest, I can deal with it) but my game was constantly 'flickering' when I moved the camera or when building -- I'll place a window and suddenly pieces of the house would disappear. I tried updating my driver, changing resolution settings for my laptop, using windowed mode, I tried opening in compatibility mode but when I opened the properties panel, there was no compatibility tab and the troubleshooter did nothing either.

Sims 2 is one of my favorite games, I was really looking forward to playing it and now I'm kind of bummed out because no matter what I try, nothing seems to fix the problem or improve it whatsoever.

( This isn't my video - but the 'flickering' looks exactly like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpaFRL7Lwdw in case I didn't describe it very clearly )
I've attached the config file, I really hope someone can help me fix this,

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-2QN58P6-config-log.txt (Size: 10.4 KB / Downloads: 570)

#293 03-01-2016 
  • Registered
Hello Kiri. I recently bought all of the Sims 2 expansions again because I lost mine a while ago and became interested in them again. The problem is, whenever I try to make myself a Sim, some graphical bugs occur. The first Sim is being made without a problem, but when I try to do another one, it stays the screen where the camera with the first Sim is. When I cancel the creation of the second sim it takes me back to the normal creation screen. If I want to create another one now, the Sim is in the far back of the room kind of floating in the air. I can't zoom in either. I have all expansions except some of the Accesoire ones. My OS is Windows 10

https://imgur.com/Tzd5R02
https://imgur.com/uAJoU44

Thanks for reading. Here is also my config log.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-MSQ7O1Q-config-log.txt (Size: 10.23 KB / Downloads: 586)

#294 03-01-2016 
@Ninini How big is your screen? Do you have this issue in window mode with a smaller screensize?

#295 03-01-2016 
@Ninini - from your config log...

Screen mode: 1366x768x32BPP,60Hz
stringProp activeDeviceDisplayMode 800x600x32x60

When you changed the graphic rules, did you change it for both folders config and csconfig?

I think part of your problem is that you've got 2 different screen resolutions going -

Your monitor is 16:9, but you're forcing an 800x600 which is 4:3.
Basically, I think you need to change your screen size to 16:9 compatibility for it to work properly. I think the reason why the sim is off the pedestal is because of that. If you want to use 800x600, then you'll need to make it windowed.

#296 04-01-2016 
  • Registered
Hi @digi, ty for you help, i tried again running the graphic rules maker and the game load, starts, runs well for one hour, one hour and a half and then randomly crashed every time. I have no graphic issues, i have the same downloads folder i had on my previous computer and it never crashed on it.
this is my updated configuration log. I'm playing my game in windowed mode.
Ty again for your help, i don't know how to fix this

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-AM29U7C-config-log.txt (Size: 10.21 KB / Downloads: 585)

#297 04-01-2016 
@Pat1 I've had a look at your graphics card - it's fine. That's not the problem. Although your CC never caused problems on your previous machine, that's no guarantee that it hasn't corrupted when it was moved.

Do a test without any CC and try to run the game for more than an hour and a half. If it doesn't crash - then it is your CC, and you will probably have to redownload some piece of CC that has gotten corrupted from the move to the new computer.

Also - if it is crashing after an hour and a half, in the log folder you'll find the exception reports - if you upload the one that has a .txt extension, I can have a look at that and I may be able to tell you what it is that is crashing.

#298 04-01-2016 
  • Registered
tysm for your help @celebkiriedhel, this is my last exception

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2016.01.03 22.40.33.txt (Size: 14.62 KB / Downloads: 631)

#299 04-01-2016 
@celebkiriedhel have you already seen mine?

thanks

EDIT BY LEEFISH : http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.ph...8#pid35968

Added the link to make it easier for Kiri

#300 04-01-2016 
  • Registered
My screen is 1366x768.
The same problem is still existant even if I change the resolution. :<
Thanks for helping me though and excuse me for taking your time.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option