Sims 2, Graphics and Windows 10
#31 02-08-2015 
@tyler What CPU are you using?

#32 02-08-2015 
Intel Celeron N2830 2.16 Ghz Dual Core. It is housed In a Dell Inspiron 20 3043 All In One Desk Top. Not the best for gaming but as I am retired and on a limited income it is what I have to work with.

#33 02-08-2015 
I tried what you said and it does help even on my fx-9590 octacore. Still stutters once in a while in neighborhood view but in house view it is better. Thanks for the tip Smile

#34 02-08-2015 
There is so much that is trial and error on getting these old games to work on the newer Operating Systems. Thank God for forums like this.

#35 02-08-2015 
no kidding on that. Honestly I like more of the older games then the newer ones. Plus this is how you keep them living. It's also another one of those things of what can actually be done to this game to get it to do X or Y.

#36 03-08-2015 
  • Registered
ive been have a problem with crashing when i go to create a family or build a sim on bodyshop. help

#37 04-08-2015 
  • Registered
I just updated to Windows 10 and did not think about the possibility of The Sims 2 not working with the OS. I'm quite good with computers but I'm not 100% tech savvy when it comes to these things and it's quite frustrating. The game will run but constantly crashes as soon as I attempt to create a sim, and I've had issues in creating custom neighborhoods (specifically the Pleasantview template where it says something along the lines of a neighborhood import failure). I also had a popup saying that there was an issue with the Direct X card but have only seen it once in my numerous restarts of the game. I've looking around online but haven't really found any solutions. If it's of any help I've attached my config-log. Thank you to anyone that might be able to help.

Attached File(s)
.txt  OWNER-HP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.33 KB / Downloads: 669)

#38 04-08-2015 
  • Registered
Hello! i made a profile so i could let you know that your fix's work on Windows 10! i applied everything and the game runs smooth as butter with no crashes. thanks for the help kiri!

#39 04-08-2015 
  • Registered
Hey guys,
Long time ago I tried to play Sims2 on my W8 notebook, but had no success.
Now I've got the W10 att and tried again, with no success yet. Except for this time I'm taking it really serious and I have found out about that "NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!" error with graphic cards.... I followed the steps you guys had discussed here and still no success indeed. I just don't want to give up now lol
So, can someone still help me out here? Tongue
My problem is always the same: create a sim/family > crash.
I'll paste my new config-log (after followed the steps) and how my Graphic Rules and Video Cards are atm.
Sorry for my bad english ^^

Attached File(s)
.txt  Graphics Rules.txt (Size: 33.3 KB / Downloads: 714)
.txt  Video Cards.txt (Size: 26.68 KB / Downloads: 706)
.txt  THONY-config-log.txt (Size: 10.14 KB / Downloads: 621)

#40 04-08-2015 
Sorry folks - I got distracted. Will come back to this today.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option