Sims2 UC and Windows 10 CAS Crash
#11 17-01-2016 
@Jazziey9 You have downloaded them - those ones with a suffix of '.rar' are the ones you downloaded. You need to open them. To open them you right-click on them and choose extract.

If you haven't got that option,

you need to go to http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm and download one that is appropriate for you. That would be - WinRar x64 (64 bit) 5.30 Graphical and command line. When you install it, it will add the ability to extract.

#12 17-01-2016 
So I downloaded the WinRar, and I now have the option to extract, however I have many extract options; 'extract here', 'extract files...' and 'extract to Graphic Rules-INTEL/'. Which option do I select?

Im sorry I am so clueless, coding and program is not my fortae when it comes to computers, I am genuinely thankful for all the help you are able to give to me, thank you!
Jazziey9, absolutely clueless.Big Grin

#13 17-01-2016 
Extract here! After all, the rar is already in the folder where you want the resulting files to go. "Extract here" will simply unpack the rar, and drop the contained files in the same place. Exactly what you need, I'd say.

#14 17-01-2016 
@Jazziey9 Boiling Oil is correct - 'Extract Here' is the one you use, and you allow it to over-write your existing ones.

#15 18-01-2016 
Oh my gosh! It is working! Thank you oh so much for the help @BoilingOil and most of all thank you @celebkiriedhel , you have helped me so much, more than you can possible understand, by helping me get 'Sims 2' up and running. Once again thank you, all you guys are so amazing!!!!

-Jazziey9

#16 18-01-2016 
Well done jazzy!

Now remember - if you ever update/repair the UC via origin - open up those two rar files again and over-write the graphic rules and video cards. Origin over-writes them when they update.
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#17 18-01-2016 
I concur: well done @Jazziey9. Now have fun simming! Smile

#18 04-02-2016 
  • Registered
Thank-you So Much this fix worked for me also! I googled this thread last week but my registration didn't work at first, and I could not post. My sims 2 Ultimate was installed on my windows 7 OS. However I updated to Windows 10 months ago. And I just now decided to play sims 2 again. I didn't think about the new OS until sims 2 kept crashing, entering a household or CAS.

I finally got these files installed and extracted. I didn't realize they weren't extracted as they look exactly the same either way. But after reading the thread again I downloaded winzip. Now Everything works and it fixed my haygrass! I have an intel 2000 series graphics chip.

#19 09-07-2016 
Hi once again,

My Sims 2 has been working really for nearly half a year now, however a couple weeks ago I went to go on and it crashed again and I same error notification came up saying the program had been terminated. I have tried to repeat the same steps I was originally given however they're not working this time.

I hope that there is something I have just skimmed over or something but I would much appreciate any help anyone can give to me.

Here's my log;

.txt  JAZS-LAPTOP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.36 KB / Downloads: 527)

Thank you

.Jazziey9

#20 09-07-2016 
One small suggestion: have you tried deleting Groups.cache and Accessories.cache? Sometimes, that is all that's needed to get the game to run again.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option