Sims2 Stuck in low resolution
#11 04-05-2016 
@Zero2

Can you post me a screenshot of the folder?
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 04:50 AM by celebkiriedhel.)

#12 04-05-2016 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel
Here is both

#13 04-05-2016 
@Zero2

Neither of those is the spot that are meant to go in.

This is where they are supposed to go:
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\

Here is where you've put them:

\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config\

If you've got the Ultimate Collection, you shouldn't have a folder called 'The Sims 2 mansion and Garden Stuff', as it's made up of combined packages.
So that would suggest that your Ultimate Collection is non-standard.

OK.

More screenshots (including the address line at the top please) this time of your folder 'The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection'
I'm going to need to see what the structure of your game is, to see where the appropriate place to put it is.

Also I'm going to need to track down which of your SimsEPnn.exe (where nn is a number) is the highest number.
That will require you to go through every expansion pack and stuff pack folder, to look at

\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\<every folder in Ultimate Collection folder>\TsBin\
To look at the SimsEPnn.exe.

#14 04-05-2016 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel

I'm sure that place is right, because shortcut found there.
Here is highest SimsEPnn.exe folder

and here is path where it found.
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin

#15 04-05-2016 
@Zero2

I'm sure it's not the right place, because if it was, it would be picking up the change. You can tell that it's not picking up the change because your texture memory remains at 32Mb, and the texture memory in the graphic rules is set to 1744Mb.

So please - show me the screenshots of the folders.

#16 04-05-2016 
  • Registered
@Zero2 If I may make a small inquiry, are you trying to move the new graphic cards into the folder, or copying them into the folder? Does a popup appear whenever you try, and if so what does it say? Usually it's asking for administrator permission, but sometimes a popup will appear saying that the action cannot be done and that the item will instead be moved to the desktop.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option