Help with editing Graphic Rules File
#1 23-05-2016 
  • Registered
I Have been for three hours trying to figure out how to edit the Graphic Rules file in the sims 2 to stop the game from flickering. Nothing is working and im throwing in the towel, does anyone know how to do this? I am also using the graphic maker program. I have looked and tried everything to edit it and nothing is working, so if anyone can help me, it would be a big help.

#2 23-05-2016 
@dvds12

Please attach your -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.

I will then be able to help you.

Generally the flickering is caused because you need to be able to do smooth edges, you need to run the program as admin, the compatibility needs to be set on the program and smooth edges needs to be set to max.

#3 23-05-2016 
  • Registered
Where can I find the config-log.txt. I have been looking and i can not find it.

@celebkiriedhel

#4 24-05-2016 
Look in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs

#5 24-05-2016 
  • Registered
Thank you

Another quick question how do I attach a file, and thank you for helping me and sorry for how little I know how to do.

#6 24-05-2016 
Have you even read the text above the input area where you type your questions??? It is all there!!! The button "Full Editor" brings you to another screen, where it should be obvious what you need to do.

#7 24-05-2016 
  • Registered
Sorry today has just been an off day where I can't seem to do anything....well anyway thank you, I figured it out now.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-E6IRCIK-config-log.txt (Size: 10.44 KB / Downloads: 439)

#8 24-05-2016 
Well done, and I'm sorry for snapping at you a little. I think I was having a bit of an off day as well.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option