<<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
#31 19-04-2022 
Hi @Nirana,
You're right: you have all the power you need to get this game running, and then a whole darn lot more. It is indeed just a matter of scaling down a bit. I just don't know how to help you do that effectively, but I'm sure some of the others here on Leefish may know how to help you fix the DirectX 9.0c issue. So please, do not leave us just yet, okay? Have a bit of patience, and someone will come along...

Have a great day, and good luck with your Simming endeavors.

#32 20-04-2022 
This guide is mainly for Pink/Purple Flashing problems - but, I think, if you read through it - it may help you get started...
https://marasims.tumblr.com/post/1732317...-crash-fix

Also - have you watched Jessa's Vid/Guide? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0iwuLZyjMg

...and, from iCad: "many people run the game in some sort of compatibility mode, and doing so will disable the patch. Either patch OR use compatibility mode. You can’t do both."

#33 27-04-2022 
  • Registered
Oh wow, hello, thanks so much for still trying to help me! Big Grin

As soon as I wrote my last post I got kind of depressed that I can't play Sims 2 with my current PC, so I threw myself into Sims 4. xD Should've checked here again before becoming sad!
So I read the link and I watched the video and I tried Jessa's fix, with simply moving the patched .exe in another directory. Tried starting it, same issue as described before: It doesn't start. It asks if it should be executed, I said yes and then it puts the Origin window in the foreground and then says "couldn't find DirectX compatible blahblah" (what I mentioned in my last post). I also tried moving it back and here and there, but no difference. I also tried the fix she wrote in the comments (or basically what you also said in your post), turning off compatibility before starting it, it also makes no difference. This also means that my -config-log.txt didn't change from 2048MB to 4GB (because if I can't start the game it can't update this file). And... regarding Jessa's mentioned problem that the patch doesn't apply to begin with: I think the patch definitely was applied, because before applying the patch I could at least start the game and after applying it the game does not start, so I guess the problem here is not that the patch does not apply.
I also found an older -config-log.txt of my old PC (which was a good computer too) and funny enough that it seems that I applied the 4GB patch back then and apparently that worked. It's weird that it doesn't work now. If only the game could simply start with the patch but I really don't understand this error. What could it be?

Kind regards! Smile

#34 27-04-2022 
Hi @Nirana,

I'm beginning to suspect that the patch you're currently using, is bad. There was a good one -- "George" -- available here on the board somewhere, but I have a hell of a time finding it. If I do, I will give you a link

#35 27-04-2022 
#36 28-04-2022 
@CatherineTCJD: Thanks, Cat, but the way I remember it, there's supposed to be one right here on Leefish as well. I'd put more faith in that one, if only I could find it. Sadly, that's the problem, though.

#37 28-04-2022 
Here is all of Kiri's information - straight from Kiri herself (though, not on LeeFish...) https://celebkiriedhel.tumblr.com/Sims2info

#38 28-04-2022 
I wish my browser didn't tell me "unable to connect" all the time. Getting so sick of this... Anyway, thank you for being helpful, Cat. Even if I don't seem to, I *do* appreciate it.

#39 28-04-2022 
BO - you are one of the most helpful people I know! I would've given up loooong ago, if it wasn't for your assistance! Flower

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option