• Fake Stairs -- BG staircases as step covers
  • Uploader:
sims2 #1
I really like the look of the default non-connecting stairs, but actually never use them because of the pathing issue -- you know, that arm-waving thing when a sim realises they can't go upstairs because someone else is already using the stairs? Well, no more, I say!

These are the same old Base Game staircases, now with less arm-waving. As pictured, more than one sim can use them at the same time, in the same direction. Upstairs, downstairs, with arms up, with arms down!

What sort of tomfoolery is this, I hear you say? It's a trick. These aren't really stairs -- they're just step covers. Yep, that's right, a glorified rug. And your sims will pay through the nose for it.

Usage:
- Build a modular stairs using Numenor's deck stairs
- Recolour the modular stairs with the invisible recolour (provided)
- Place the fake Stare Steppers over the invisible modular stairs
- Do yourself a favour: if you ever decide to move the stairs, make sure you recolour the modular stairs to something visible first, or you might forget they're even there!

The fake stairs are repositoried to the Base Game ones, so will take any custom recolours.

Category: Build / Staircases
Cost: Same as the original staircases

Included:
- Fake BG staircases: Upwardly Mobile, Simple Structure, Stare Stepper, Stairway to Eleven, Altitude Attitude, Gothwise Staircase
- Invisible recolour for Numenor's recolourable wooden modular stairs
- Extra: a new recolour of the BG Stare Steppers (the coffee one shown in one of the screenshots). It's nothing to phone home about, but I needed to test a custom recolour to see if it worked... and Michelle hadn't done her recolors yet :-) . Might as well include it!

Required, but not included:
Numenor's Recolourable wooden modular stairs: http://modthesims.info/d/53159

Compatibility:
Requires 1EP other than Uni -- NL, OFB, Pets, you name it. It might be compatible with BG only, but more tests are required. Thanks for NixNivis and Gummilutt for testing this! <3

Shortcomings:
- The railing can't be removed.
- The fake staircases can't be placed on a stage.

Thank you to Lee, BoilingOil, Gummilutt, Klaartje, and NixNivis for helping me sussing it out (basically, pretty much everyone at Leefish! Sorry to anyone I've forgotten to mention), and to Nysha for explaining to me how to slave both the mesh and the textures!

Cheers,
Raindrop

Screenshots
Fake Stairs -- BG staircases as step covers Screenshot Fake Stairs -- BG staircases as step covers Screenshot Fake Stairs -- BG staircases as step covers Screenshot Fake Stairs -- BG staircases as step covers Screenshot Fake Stairs -- BG staircases as step covers Screenshot Fake Stairs -- BG staircases as step covers Screenshot Fake Stairs -- BG staircases as step covers Screenshot  
Download link
Filesize 2.07 MB | File Name Raindrop_FakeStairs_BGStaircases_201703.zip | # of Downloads 364
File Updated 16-03-2017

Comments
#2 11-12-2016
This really is an excellent idea, Raindrop - Well done!
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 06:10 AM by HeartDeco.)

#3 11-12-2016
Well this is brilliant. I too have always liked the look of these stairs, but never used them because they function so stupidly. Thanks for making a workaround! Big Grin

#4 11-12-2016
*I* have nothing to do with this. I am not Boiling Oil. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option