[split] Crashing-A Series of Unfortunate Events
#1 17-12-2016 
  • Registered
Hello, I am so sorry to intrude like this. But I am new to this website and was wondering if anyone could please help me out with an issue that I'm having with my version of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Right now I'm desperate to find and fix the problem. I've tried contacting someone at EA for help, but their answer to the error that I'm having did not help at all. I notice that the game runs fine on my laptop right up until I enter the Create A Sim option, then the game crashes and sends me to my desktop home-screen with this message: The Sims 2 EP9 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have a Compaq Presario CQ57 that is currently running Windows 10 Home
X86 Based PC Intel® Celeron® CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz, 1500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Proce....

Thank you!!

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims 2.txt (Size: 10.29 KB / Downloads: 382)

#2 17-12-2016 
@ellalynn

There's a couple of things you need to do looking at your graphics card - but if it's crashing as soon as you get into your CAS, there's a good chance that it's CC related.

Do you play with Custom Content? If you do - can you do a test for me?

Rename your game in your my documents folder, and then start the game up again and go into CAS - that will create a 'Vanilla game' (i.e. a game with nothing added) and then if it crashes we know for certain that it isn't the CC in the game.

#3 17-12-2016 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel

As of right now there isn't any custom content downloaded for my game but it still crashes on me. Sad I was going to download some custom content though.

#4 17-12-2016 
@ellalynn

Cool. That means we can cross out that as a problem. Don't add CC until we're sorted.

We'll start by correcting your graphic and video cards. You have CPU of 2MHz, which is less than is needed for High Resolution. Do you have more than one core? Also your free RAM is not too high either. Sims 2 hogs RAM, so that will limit how much CC you can have in game. You've got 948Mb, so I'd keep your CC to less than a half a Gig so that your game doesn't Lag too much.

Download these two cards:

VideoCards-Intel-0106
Graphic Rules - Intel - Medium

Install them (unzip them into these folders)

In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

The second folder is for Cas - so please make sure that it gets into there.

Once you've done this you need to go to

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe

Right click on this and choose "Troubleshoot compatibility" and follow the prompts. That will also help.

Then
1. Go into the game - and increase your smooth edges to max.
2. Go into CAS.

If it crashes, go look in the log folder and see if you can find a file that looks like this:

Sims2Exception 2016.07.31 15.03.59.txt

where the numbers that are at the end are the date backwards YYYY.MM.DD and time hh.mm.ss in 24 hour clock. See if you can find one that was created at the time of the crash. If you do find one, please come back here and attach the file.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option