VIDEO CARDS FIX need some help making one for my card
#11 15-02-2017 
@gabysimmer

You did everything right, it was just me getting distracted and not coming back to do it. I've done it now.

Download - Graphic Rules - Radeon 8121Mb

Here's your new card. It should go like the clappers! Big Grin

#12 17-02-2017 
  • Registered
Thank you soo much! Everything seems to be working fine as of right now. So excited to be able to play again, all thanks to you! You are amazing!!

#13 20-02-2017 
  • Registered
Ahh I am probably the worst and i'm sorry. It is not working again, like the game ran smoothly for like two days now all of a sudden it crashes at the launch loading screen. It gets to the last tile on the main loading screen then exits it self out. Sometimes saying the application has crashed other times saying nothing. I have no downloads and both the video card txt file and the new graphics rules are both in the csconfig and config folders . I'm sorry to bother again just trying to find a solution.

#14 20-02-2017 
@gabysimmer

Because you have UC, there is a chance that what's happened is that the game has updated through Origin, and as soon as that happens, it overwrites the graphic rules and video cards.sgr with the original ones, and your fix is removed.

So the solution is to - do not run it through Origin - use a NoCD hack - You can find out what to do here

and re-apply the changes that I gave you.

Also, if you have custom content in your game, it worth deleting the cache files in the folder \My Documents\Origin\The Sims 2\
They corrupt easily, so deleting them everytime will get them to regenerate new ones. When they corrupt they cause the game not to start.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option