Sims 2 keeps crashing on windows 10
#1 22-03-2017 
  • Registered
hello! i have been having trouble, like some other simmers, getting my sims 2 game to run on windows 10. every time i try to play i get a notification that says something like this "the application has crashed. the sims 2 ultimate collection will now terminate." this happens when i try to enter any lot within a neighborhood. i have tried to download and extract the graphics and video cards stuff that was posted on this website the best i could. i don't know if i missed something or if the problem could be something else. please help me Huh here is my information
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 71.97 KB / Downloads: 531)
.txt  LYNN-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.29 KB / Downloads: 525) thanksSmile

Lynn

#2 23-03-2017 
@Lynnh

Looking at your config-log.txt - it looks like you have done the right thing so far.

Are you running the game with CC? It may be that there is corrupt CC.

Are you running the game as adminstrator?
Have you set the compatibility to Windows 8?

#3 24-03-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel

yes i do have cc i will take them out and retry the game without them. i am running it as administrator but i forgot how to set the compatibility for the game. i'll google it and go from there and then i'll let you know if it works. Thank You Smile

#4 27-03-2017 
@Lynnh

To set the compatibility, you right-click on the .exe and choose 'troubleshoot compatibility' - then go with Windows 8.

Alternatively. Select the shortcut that you have, right-click and choose properties, then choose the tab 'compatibility'. You can set the program to be run as administrator and Windows 8 for all users there.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option