[split] Sims2 UC and Windows 10 CAS Crash
#1 22-05-2017 
  • Registered
Hi! I'm Jenna, I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm also having this issue with my game after installing Ultimate Collection. The same issue described here. I tried downloading the graphics rules, but I am still experiencing the constant crashing. I am operating on a Windows 7 Home Premium- 64 bit.

Attached File(s)
.txt  JENNACHRISTINE-config-log.txt (Size: 10.35 KB / Downloads: 374)

#2 26-05-2017 
@JBabb

Other people's fixes will not necessarily work for you, because they have different setups. I've split your thread off so we can work on it separately.

You need:
Download VideoCards-NVidia-104a

Install it into :
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

#3 28-05-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel

Thank you very much for helping me with this. Unfortunately, that did not work. This time it froze as I was attempting to scroll over and the crash noise came but with no dialog box.

#4 28-05-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel This is the log after I just tried again with the downloads provided.

Attached File(s)
.txt  JENNACHRISTINE-config-log.txt (Size: 10.35 KB / Downloads: 371)

#5 28-05-2017 
@JBabb

According to the config-log.txt, it hasn't registered that fix - you can tell because it says:
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>

When you downloaded this file, did you unzip it?
Did you put the Video Cards.sgr into the folders as listed above?
Did you let the Video Cards.sgr overwrite what you had there previously?

If you haven't, then the fix won't have worked.

#6 29-05-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel I thought I had, although apparently not. I downloaded the file you linked. Then I extracted i to both places you told me to and selected to overwrite when prompted. I'm not sure where I went wrong.

#7 06-06-2017 
@JBabb

Did you download it exactly into the those folders? Or were the folders named something different? Could you put up a full screen shot of where you put them

#8 07-06-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel thank you again for all of your help. I uninstalled the Ultimate Collection and decided to reinstall from where I was at before using the discs and my digital downloads for origin. After hours of work, it failed. Resulting in some error about emulation. I tried all available fixes, including threads I found on this page and nothing has helped. I am currently waiting for UC to download again. When it does so I will put rules you provided back into the game and screenshot it here for you.

#9 07-06-2017 
@JBabb coolness. Keep me in the loop as you go.

#10 11-06-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel I am having trouble attaching the pictures, the posts keep failing.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option