Jagged edges S2 UC on Windows 10
#1 23-07-2017 
  • Registered
Hey! I've got a problem that a lot of people have already reported and some of them have found to find (or be given the solution) - the jagged edges, even though the Smooth Edges option is enabled in the settings. Apart from these edges everything seems to run fine (got rid of flickering, etc.). It seems that I've tried everything that had been suggested (changed the texture memory [different values], boolProp enumerateMultisampleLevels are set to true where possible, the resolution is the one preferred by my computer, etc.) but nothing works... I even tried Graphics Rules Maker, but the programme didn't arrive at proper settings at all.

My computer is Lenovo Idea Pad 305:
Intel ® Core ™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
8 GB of RAM
Win 10

I know that this issue is not related to the specifics because I've already had this game installed on this computer (I had to re-install it a few days ago) and the edges before the re-installation were ok... Any ideas on what to do? In the last log file, the uintProp antialiasingQuality is set to 0 and I have no idea how to set it to at least 1 in the next log...

.txt  LAPTOP-4GBFHLH4-config-log.txt (Size: 10.21 KB / Downloads: 390)

#2 23-07-2017 
  • Registered
This is the most recent config log.

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-4GBFHLH4-config-log.txt (Size: 10.29 KB / Downloads: 389)

#3 24-07-2017 
  • Registered
I think that I've found the reason for the smooth edges not working. I've got an intel card and the card's settings were a bit messed up (the required option concerning antiliasing was not ticked). I've changed these settings and now everything works fine!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option