SIMS 2 LAGS WHEN SIM IS IN CAMERA
#1 05-11-2017 
  • Registered
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection runs perfectly with CC involved. I use CC in my houses & on my sims etc.. But, When my sim is in the camera it lags like crazy! But it doesn't lag when there is a Maxis Match sim in the camera or when I'm on my Lot that is full of CC. I have removed SecuROM, changed my Graphic Rules & Video Cards files but none of that have fixed my problem. Please HELP. When I have my sim do something I have to move my camera away from my sim so it doesn't lag.

S.N: It lags when the camera is on my CC Cars which I install from ( http://www.freshprincecreations.com/cars.htm )

My config-log is down below

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-NP7CUD2-config-log.txt (Size: 10.49 KB / Downloads: 505)
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2017 05:01 PM by AtrinitiJ.)

#2 05-11-2017 
Does you sim have a very high-poly custom hair and/or wear a very high-poly custom outfit or something like that? Or has this sim already been played for a very long time without cleaning up his/her memories/inventory? These thing *van* have a crippling influence on performance, including causing lag.

#3 05-11-2017 
  • Registered
I've had a family that I've been playing with but I couldn't stand the lag I had with them so I created a new sim in a different world but still have the same old lag when the camera is on her. The custom clothes/hairs I have seem to be fine and not in high-poly at all.

#4 05-11-2017 
OK, if those are not the cause of the problem, then it's beginning to sound like some object is trying to figure out autonomous options for your sim, but gets fed wrong data, causing it to go through endless loops. If that is indeed the case, then it must be an object that you installed shortly before the lagging first started. If that object was the cars, then I'd say there's something odd about those. At least, from looking at them, I'm beginning to suspect that they ARE high-poly. Are those files very large?

I don't know what else to suggest at the moment.

#5 05-11-2017 
  • Registered
I ended up removing my CC Hair and CC Clothing and went back into my game and the problem was gone. So, I thought it was the Alpha mesh on the hairs so I tried using Maxis Match CC Hairs but those were no better, same for the Maxis Match CC clothing. Why can't my game handle Alpha Hair and Clothes? But it runs a room full of CC perfectly fine, its just the hairs and clothes that I have on my sim. Now I'm stuck with using Base Games Hairs and Clothing.
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2017 09:59 PM by AtrinitiJ.)

#6 06-11-2017 
@BoilingOil @AtrinitiJ

Hi Atrinij - can you do a dxdiag for me? You've got 1744Mb in your display memory being used - and I suspect you might have more than that. (1744 was my old machine's statistics back in 2010). If that's the case, I can show you how to change that to give you more display memory (which might help).

Also how much CC do you have? - You might need the CCF Explorer fix as well.

Also - have you done the latest update from Origin? (If you haven't DON'T DO IT - it breaks things)

Can you do a test for me?
Rename your game folder, so that the game generates a new one (don't worry - you won't lose anything).

Then in the new game, put in one piece of CC for hair - lets start with custom hair that is a recolour of a maxis hair.

And then go in and create a sim, and use that hair in CAS.
Put them on a lot, and put them in camera and see if it crashes.

My thoughts are:
1. You've got a piece of CC that is clashing with part of the program (CC cars are notorious for causing crashing)
2. Something has corrupted and it's that corruption that is interfering.
3. You have way too much CC with high polys and the game is throwing it's hands up in the air.

Doing this test will rule out these three choices, if it works. If it doesn't work - then we know that it's no. 2. (Because you don't have any other CC in the game for 1 and 3).
If it's no.2 then unfortunately what you will need to do is reinstall your game.

#7 12-11-2017 
  • Registered
I have also tried the CCF Explorer but I haven't started up my game to see if it actually works yet. If you could please tell me how to change my display memory? I would love to see if that helps.

-My DxDiag file is attached below

Update: I tried to open S2EP9 from when I used the CFF Explorer but it gave an error saying that it could not find Core/Activation UI or something like that.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 75.63 KB / Downloads: 647)

#8 13-11-2017 
@AtrinitiJ

OK. I really need for you to do the test above that I suggested.

"Can you do a test for me?
Rename your game folder, so that the game generates a new one (don't worry - you won't lose anything).

Then in the new game, put in one piece of CC for hair - lets start with custom hair that is a recolour of a maxis hair.

And then go in and create a sim, and use that hair in CAS.
Put them on a lot, and put them in camera and see if it crashes."

In the meantime, looking at your DXDiag - you have 1792Mb of display memory, so actually you don't have much more than that.

If you open up your graphic rules.sgr and search for 'seti textureMemory 1744' and replace the 1744 with 1792 that will have it as it is.

In the meantime - when you say that you changed your graphic rules and video card.... what did you change? Which graphic rules card did you use? It *looks* like you used the graphic - intel - texture fix one except that the line

boolProp enumerateMultisampleLevels false <-- this is false instead of true.

suggests that it didn't do it properly.

Can you let me know what you did?

#9 19-11-2017 
  • Registered
I used the recolor of the maxis match hair like you said but my game worked perfectly fine with the hair. No lag/crash when my sim is in the camera. I don't know why my game can't handle new mesh hairs.
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2017 10:32 PM by AtrinitiJ.)

#10 02-01-2018 
@AtrinitiJ Can you upload your Graphic Rules.sgr and your current config-log.txt

I suspect that it needs to be adjusted, but I can't do that without knowing what you've changed.

Sorry, that is a members only option