SIMS 2 LAGS WHEN SIM IS IN CAMERA
#11 13-01-2018 
  • Registered
I've fixed the problem using Graphic Rules maker and forced my game to use 1042 mb and the lag is long gone! Thank you! <3

#12 18-05-2018 
  • Registered
Hi there! I am experiencing the same issue - whenever I put my sim in camera it lags to an insane amount. They're wearing base game clothing, the only CC is their hair, eyes and skin. I'm going to try th method you suggested about removing the CC hair and seeing if it runs and then reintroducing the hairs back and seeing if one effects it most.
I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to programming so I've got no idea what to change or do in terms of graphics, so some help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

#13 14-03-2019 
  • Registered
Hello, @AtrinitiJ how did you forced your game to use 1042 mb? i have the same problem and nothing can fix the lagSad ...

#14 31-05-2019 
  • Registered
Hi there! I registered just to reply to this post.
Here's what I did to fix my game (Sims 2 Ultimate Collection). Before this I would lag ONLY when my sims were in view, if I had 20 sims on the lot, but the camera was pointed elsewhere it would run super smooth. I found it super weird since I used the same CC folder that I used on my crappy laptop with no issue, and I built my new gaming pc last summer. The Sims 2 is an old game, so you may have some problems with new hardware I believe.

I initially used a cracked version of the Ultimate Collection despite having it on Origin because I wanted to get rid of SecuROM, but a while ago EA released an update that removed it and made a fix for Windows 10 (I believe the problem was w10 all along).

So here's what I did:

-Download The Sims 2 Ultimate collection from Origin --->AND PATCH IT<---
if you haven't already I suggest you download the update, you may have to make Origin download it yourself since it doesn't seem to update games automatically.
-Download the 4GB Patch
-Updated the Texture Memory with Graphic Rules Maker (and added my graphic card to the database)

It's not much, but it definitely fixed my game, so give it a try!

----

Oh, nevermind... not even a day later the problem presented again. I really don't know what to do anymore, the game is unplayable when there are more than 3 sims in view Sad
I can max all the settings and make the entire neighborhood visible from the lot and it will not lag, but as soon as I move the camera to look at many sims the fps drop is unbearable.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019 04:21 PM by bibibee.)

#15 18-07-2019 
  • Registered
Hi!!
I have the same problem where custom content shown in frame lags my game. Solution?

#16 19-07-2019 
@wigsimmer you may have to play no cc.

#17 21-07-2019 
  • Registered
Hey there! I have the exact same issue. However, I already adjusted my texture memory to the specs of my PC. Two days ago, the game was surprisingly smooth - this hasn´t happend for over a month - but now I also have the "lag sickness". My Graphics card is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.
Also, does anybody know if the CPUCount-thing (what you add to the startup shortcut) helps?

I really hope that we can find a solution as this thread is still so new!

#18 22-07-2019 
@RonSim Yes, it's best to keep the CPU-count at 1. The core of TS2 was created 15 years ago, when multiple-core CPUs were still very rare. Therefor, the ability to share the load between multiple cores was not anticipated and never built in. So when modern systems try to help by distributing the work-load over multiple cores, they're not really doing the game a favor.

This thread, by the way, isn't all that new anymore. The top post was written almost 2 years ago, in 2017. Smile

#19 23-07-2019 
  • Registered
Hey guys, sorry for the super late reply, but I tried installing The Sims 2 UC on a virtual machine with different OS (tried both XP and w7) and I had many issues I couldn't fix. The game would do the pink flashing even with all the fixes (4gb patch, graphic rules maker etc), and sometimes it wouldn't even start, giving me an error. All while it still lagged a lot. [plus this way the game doesn't recognize the graphic card]

I tried fixing it for many hours and then I gave up completely... I just hope that somebody in the future will create I don't know, a patch, something, to be able to run it with newer hardware and on windows 10.

#20 23-07-2019 
Hi again, @bibibee,

I wish I had better news for you, and I am sorry to say this, but your sanity is best served if you forget that. I still *love* TS2, but we must all face the fact that it is and old fossil: it was first released FIFTEEN years ago! Creating a patch that makes this ancient game compatible with Win10 or with newer hardware, would be too much work for anyone! And with every new graphics card that comes out, or with ever new patch or update for Win10, they would have to start AGAIN!
So I suspect that this is NEVER going to happen. I wouldn't count on it, and it is best for your own sanity, if YOU forget that as well.

The way I see it, there are only two ways for you to ever play the game again:

1. Follow @Kunder's recommendations and spend some money on a somewhat older but TS2 compatible system.
2. Uninstall Win10, and go back to either Win7 or Win8.1.

It's either one of these solutions, or forget about playing TS2 ever again, I am afraid.

Sorry, that is a members only option