Radeon 665F Log Request
#11 14-11-2017 
  • Registered
@BoilingOil That's odd. My computer definitely has 16GB of RAM, I just checked. Maybe when I told the game it can handle more than 2GBs, it changed the log? I don't know. But I'll play it for a bit after I type this and see how it goes.

Alright I found the button. Sending it now.
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 72.92 KB / Downloads: 322)

#12 14-11-2017 
@ChiniChani @BoilingOil

The RAM in the config-log.txt is not accurate. So whether it says 1024Mb or 2048Mb it's good. It's when it says less than 1024Mb that there is a problem.
The CFF explorer fix will definitely increase your game to allow way more than 2G of RAM for it.

OK. Looking at your Display memory in both your Config-log.txt and in your DXDiag.txt you can increase it to use up more memory.

The Previous problem: A few years ago, Microsoft moved the location of the display memory from where the game could find it, to a new place it can't find.
The Previous Solution: I hardcoded my Display memory of 1744Mb in as the display memory back in 2010, and that worked fine.

The Problem Now: The graphics capabilities has increased a long long way ahead of that, and the operating system uses up more display and RAM as well. So 1744Mb doesn't cut it anymore.
The New Solution: Update the hard-coded value of Display memory in the Graphics Rules.sgr to the correct number.

If you look in your DXDiag.txt - the field I've bolded is the one that you need to look at, and use the number.
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon ™ R9 360
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x665F)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_665F&SUBSYS_0B041028&REV_81
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 10184 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2024 MB
Shared Memory: 8160 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Open up your Graphic Rules.sgr from where you put it, and search on 1744, (searching on Kiri will take you to it too, as I've put a comment on the line).

copy 10184 over 1744 and save.

Then copy this updated Graphic Rules.sgr from your Config folder to your CSConfig folder as well.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option