need help please!!!
#11 08-12-2017 
@BoilingOil To be honest, it's a sometimes thing. Sometimes it matters and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not yet clear on why there is a difference.

UC updated has caused a problem for some machines.
NVidia itself in combination with Windows 10 has problems sometimes.

The way I look at it is if we get rid of all the sometimes problems we either resolve it, or we find a new problem. So its worth changing it for the just in case sometimes.

#12 08-12-2017 
  • Registered
Hey @celebkiriedhel

I will add my updated graphics card. I can play the game for like maybe a half hour or hour tops then it either just closes to the desktop or I get the pop up that says it crashed. Yes i am running under admin at least it should be lol

and to be honest im not sure if im using the NVidia Graphic Rules card, i think so but how can i check? I tried to fix it on my own but had no idea what i was doing so i could have messed something up. i saw in a post to try and remove all the old graphics update and then install a new graphics update so i have no idea if that did anything.

thanks for all your help.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-SJDN71A-config-log.txt (Size: 10.3 KB / Downloads: 368)

#13 09-12-2017 
You can check that in the file that you just attached; the -config-log.txt file is readable, and it shows that the GeForce GTX 1070 is used for the game. That means, the game sees and uses the NVidia Graphics card.

#14 16-12-2017 
  • Registered
I just noticed that in my logs folder the grahpicslog is completely empty, is that the problem? is that whats causing it to crash??

thanks for your help!!

#15 16-12-2017 
No, files in the 'logs' folder do not control the program or cause problems. They only REPORT problems, when problems exist.

#16 17-12-2017 
  • Registered
okay, i now cant play it at all. it just crashes right away and I have no idea what to do.

#17 17-12-2017 
I'm sorry to hear that. It seems that our resident problem solver (Kiri) is currently unavailable. If she returns, I'm sure she'll do her darnedest to help you fix it.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option