Sims 2 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>> CAS Crashing
#1 14-04-2018 
  • Registered
Could someone please help? I'm using a Windows 10 computer and have been having some issues. I haven't been able to create a sim without my Sims 2 Complete Collection crashing on me. The game works fine until I click "add a new sim" in CAS and it gives me this error and crashes every time. After doing some digging I think it may be my graphics card? Or the "not found in database" issue? I'm not really sure. Could someone tell me what I should download and where if this is the issue that needs to be fixed? Thank you for any help!! I want to play so bad.

.txt  USER-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.18 KB / Downloads: 297)
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2018 03:44 PM by Cakepop.)

#2 14-04-2018 
Instead of pasting the config-log.txt, you should ATTACH it. There's some information - INCLUDING how to do an attachment - right above the field where you type your message, if you had taken a moment to read it. The header very clearly says in a LARGE font: "Before you post requesting help".

Sorry if I sound a little condescending here, but those instructions are there for a good reason: if we don't have the WHOLE file, we simply CAN NOT help. When you paste it, a lot of valuable information is cut off.

#3 14-04-2018 
  • Registered
Ok updated.

#4 14-04-2018 
Thank you, @Cakepop.

#5 14-04-2018 
  • Registered
Are you able to help or were you just letting me know the rules? @BoilingOil

#6 20-04-2018 
I'm sorry, @Cakepop, for not being around more often, lately. I'd love to help if I could. But I have no idea how to help you in this instance.
I would've told you this sooner, but I was just making sure that those who might be able to help, had all the information they need.

I apologize for messing this up.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option