Flashing pink neighborhood and sims.
#11 25-10-2018 
  • Registered
I sure will. Thanks again for the help.

#12 04-11-2018 
(24-10-2018 07:26 PM)Jenn Wrote:  I did try a nocd, using the game's exe from a shortcut on the desktop and the play button through Origin, all with the same results.

It's Geforce GTX 1070.

Is this a laptop? or a desktop? Reason I asked, is because if it's a laptop, you can run Sims just fine on the intel HD graphics, 4400 and better. I run Sims on the HD4600, HD 520, and HD 630, with zero problems. Sims have issues with the newer nVidia chipsets. I have nVidia chipsets in all my computers except one, with the older ATI Radeon mobile 3650. The Radeon machine (Lenovo, T500) is the only one I run with the dedicated graphics.

#13 09-11-2018 
  • Registered
It was a desktop. I just got a new laptop for work and after the IT guy set it all up, I installed Sims 2 UC on it, literally 40 minutes ago. It works just fine. It still doesn't recognized the onboard graphics,
Intel® UHD Graphics 620 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>

I am just now downloading GRM, to see if I can locate the graphics that way, but I did load the game all the way into a house with no flashing pink. I agree it must be something to do with Nvidia + Windows 10 as I had no issue with that card with Windows 8.1 on my desktop.

This is my first laptop and I'm glad at least one thing is going smoothly XD

#14 09-11-2018 
That is great to hear Smile

Let us know if you can't get the graphics card setup working. Or let us know anyway.

#15 10-11-2018 
  • Registered
GRM was able to insert the graphics card and the game loads great. I did have the screen flicker issue, so I had to go and check that vync option off. Unfortunately, work cut in to my day, so I have not had a chance to load the game up. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a good play day.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option