D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY! ERROR SIMS2 WINDOWS TEN
#1 08-12-2018 
  • Registered
Sorry for shouting but this error has been the bane of my existence. I love sims2 and it really has helped me forget that I'm alone and overweight. ANYWAY. I've searched forum after forum, youtube video after youtube. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446 i tried most everything from this link. I just don't know what to do. I think my game is crashing because of the new windows ten update last month. Anyway, if anyone could give me new steps to follow, I'd be forever grateful. Just let me know what I need to provide for your help. Thank you.

I have the Ultimate Collection.
Windows Ten

- Kathleen

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag new save.txt (Size: 65.97 KB / Downloads: 375)
.txt  KATHLEENJANE-config-log.txt (Size: 10.18 KB / Downloads: 358)
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018 01:04 AM by sims2sadness.)

#2 08-12-2018 
Is this win10 and UC or discs? What graphics card do you have? Please attach a dxdiag report and your config log.

#3 08-12-2018 
  • Registered
I'm super new to this website too. I'm trying to remember how to do all of that, I'm sorry. Def working on it though.

(08-12-2018 12:57 AM)leefish Wrote:  Is this win10 and UC or discs? What graphics card do you have? Please attach a dxdiag report and your config log.
I added it all on the initial post now.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018 01:03 AM by sims2sadness.)

#4 08-12-2018 
How much CC have you got?

#5 08-12-2018 
  • Registered
Is there a way I can find the exact kb?

#6 08-12-2018 
You could try without CC, see if that helps, or you could try this fix on MTS : http://modthesims.info/t/569648

#7 08-12-2018 
  • Registered
I mean I'll def try it out, but if that's the case I don't think I could go without CC in my game...

#8 08-12-2018 
  • Registered
This time it crashed "in an unusual way. " a run time error I guess. I think windows ten just doesn't want me playing sims2. I've tried literally everything on the issue. I'd be shocked if someone showed me something different. or a forum that was different. I took my downloads out. I don't know...I guess I just want someone to confirm that its windows ten but other people have been able to get around it. Idk.

Attached File(s)
.txt  KATHLEENJANE-config-log.txt (Size: 10.18 KB / Downloads: 384)

#9 08-12-2018 
I merged your threads together. If you can't find your thread look on your profile under my activity.

If it worked before the upgrade then you could try rolling it back to the version of win10 that worked.

#10 08-12-2018 
  • Registered
(08-12-2018 03:07 AM)leefish Wrote:  I merged your threads together. If you can't find your thread look on your profile under my activity.

If it worked before the upgrade then you could try rolling it back to the version of win10 that worked.
how do i go about doing that? i tried uninstalling but i don't think windows ten is letting me unless i'm just in the wrong place. Furthermore, I'm not totally sure which update it is that's causing it. I don't know , its so weird how everything is set up now.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option