Help With HCDU Report
#1 31-12-2018 
I am having an issue where my game crashes when I exit a community lot and go to the neighborhood. I ran the utility for hack conflicts and am hoping someone can take a look to see if I actually DO have a conflict? I was under the impression the hacks I use play nicely if they are ordered correctly.

Thank you in advance.
.txt  HCDU File.txt (Size: 5.43 KB / Downloads: 397)
gfitz, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2016.

#2 01-01-2019 
First of all, I would put all mods of the same author in the same folder. All mods by me - BoilingOil - can be put together, because they do not conflict with each other. The conflicts that you do see between my mods, are MEANT to be there.
Secondly, all mods by Pescado can also be put in ONE folder, because his mods usually don't conflict, either. The same works for almost all mods: if they are written by the same person, they can be put in the same folder.
Thirdly, make my mods load AFTER Pescado's mods. The reason for this is, that I wrote my mods taking into account how his mods work. His mods are older. When he wrote them, he could not build them around my mods, because my mods didn't exist yet.
  • For example, my NoLostFriendNotifications does nothing if Pescado's phonehack loads later. The other way around, they would both work correctly.
  • The same goes for my PhoneCheckFix. That mod was made to correct a problem with the Phonehack. But in order for the fix to work, it must load AFTER that phonehack. The way you've set it up, my fix will do nothing!

On the download pages of most of my mods, if they conflict with something that I know of, I warn about the load order.
In fact, in the case of conflicts, most modders tell you where their mods should go in relation to others.
You obviously ignored all such warnings.

In general, if newer mods conflict with older mods, the newer mods are usually best loaded after the older ones.

Apart from that, I do not see any mods that you should remove. They could all work together, if you correct the load order to my above instructions.

#3 01-01-2019 
(01-01-2019 12:24 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  First of all, I would put all mods of the same author in the same folder. All mods by me - BoilingOil - can be put together, because they do not conflict with each other. The conflicts that you do see between my mods, are MEANT to be there.
Secondly, all mods by Pescado can also be put in ONE folder, because his mods usually don't conflict, either. The same works for almost all mods: if they are written by the same person, they can be put in the same folder.
Thirdly, make my mods load AFTER Pescado's mods. The reason for this is, that I wrote my mods taking into account how his mods work. His mods are older. When he wrote them, he could not build them around my mods, because my mods didn't exist yet.
  • For example, my NoLostFriendNotifications does nothing if Pescado's phonehack loads later. The other way around, they would both work correctly.
  • The same goes for my PhoneCheckFix. That mod was made to correct a problem with the Phonehack. But in order for the fix to work, it must load AFTER that phonehack. The way you've set it up, my fix will do nothing!

On the download pages of most of my mods, if they conflict with something that I know of, I warn about the load order.
In fact, in the case of conflicts, most modders tell you where their mods should go in relation to others.
You obviously ignored all such warnings.

In general, if newer mods conflict with older mods, the newer mods are usually best loaded after the older ones.

Apart from that, I do not see any mods that you should remove. They could all work together, if you correct the load order to my above instructions.

Thank you for the response. I will make sure to follow your instructions. Glad to know my conflicts aren't conflicts, just a load order issue. Thanks again for taking time to answer.

#4 01-01-2019 
Hi @gfitz,

No problem. I like to help when I can. Have fun with your sims Big Grin

#5 01-01-2019 
Ah, I found another little problem with your list... My Stay Late mod should load AFTER TwoJeffs' Visitor Controller. With the controller loading last, the game will behave as if my mod doesn't exist. It is even possible (though I doubt it) that this is what causes the crashes.

If the crashes continue after you fixed all load order issues, then the problem is NOT with these mods, but with some other piece of custom content. An object, some clothing, or some hair, perhaps.

#6 01-01-2019 
Oh, good to know! I will move it and retest. Thank you again and happy new year!

Sorry, that is a members only option