Flickering/help!
#1 30-01-2019 
  • Registered
Hi!

I've been having random new graphic issues with my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection game being played on Windows 8 on a desktop Intel ® Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20 GHz. The installed Ram is 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable) but I think I installed the game onto another drive. I have so many different folders in different drives since installing the game from origin and don't know how to tell which folders are using to run my game.

I am running with a built-in 0x3152 Radeon x300 Mobility (M24) card.

I do use a lot of custom content and mods in my game, but recently see "flickering" on lots when building walls, and now see the same flickering/cutting when moving the camera around in neighborhoods.

I'm not sure if the graphics card isn't being recognized anymore, so I tried following the posted solutions for editing the rules and had no luck. I've attached the logs.

Is it due to not enough RAM, or what else should I do?

.rar  New folder.rar (Size: 11.75 KB / Downloads: 325)

#2 18-03-2019 
  • Registered
I am having the exact same issue. I am using a windows 10. Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz. RAM: 8.00GB. Inspiron 5379.

I downloaded this graphic rules maker - [ https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker ] but the only thing it fixed for me was the grass. I still have those annoying flickers. However, this link worked for a friend of mine so perhaps it may work for you.

I have been trying everything I can to also get this flickering sorted as even though it's a trivial glitch, as you would know, it's a pain and I want it gone.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option