New Video Cards.sgr!
#1 13-06-2019 
Here are OLDER, and NEWER Video Cards.sgr files. These "Mega" files contain most of the video cards out there. I'll add to, as I come across more! Pretty good chance yours will be in here. Smile

.rar  VideoCards-NEWER.rar (Size: 3.59 KB / Downloads: 3785)

.rar  VideoCards-OLDER.rar (Size: 1.38 KB / Downloads: 1232)
Kunder, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Feb 2016.

#2 06-08-2019 
  • Registered
Hi, thank you so much for doing this! I downloaded the Newer file and saw that the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB card was included. My card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. Is the 3GB ok to use or do I need the 6GB card specifically?

#3 06-08-2019 
You're very welcome.
It may, you can try it. I've had "close" cards work myself.

#4 06-08-2019 
Hi @aprilr41,

Whether you can use the 3GB version actually depends on the card-ID. If your 6GB version uses different identifiers, the 3GB version will not do!
In your xxxx-config-log.txt file (in the logs folder under "my documents/.../The Sims 2 etc."), there will be a section looking a little like:

Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1c82, Board: 85d31043, Chipset: 00a1

Now if the number after "Device" (1c82 in the above example) is different from the last four digits of the "card" number in the VideoCards.sgr (1c02), then your game will NOT accept the 3GB version for your graphics card.
Also check three lines lower, for the version without the "3GB" added. This one has card number "1c60".

But actually, it should be extremely simple. You just move the file "VideoCards.sgr" from your Config folder to the desktop, and put the new file in there with the "-NEWER" removed from its name. The next time you start the game, it will automatically try to find the correct card to use. If, after that, the config-log still says that your card is not in the Database, maybe you should try to use the "OLDER" version, and see if that solves the problem.

You could also try to simply change the "card" number in the VideoCards.sgr to be the same as the "Device" number in your config-log. The game will then accept the cards to be the same. But be aware that *maybe* (I'm not really sure about that) the game will then NOT use all the video memory that your card has available.

If the problem is not solved, then maybe you should attach your config-log.txt and a DxDiag.txt to a new message here, so @Kunder can use that data to update his files.

#5 07-08-2019 
Thank you!

#6 24-09-2019 
  • Registered
What do I do with this file? I have a nvidia 2070 card and the game keeps crashing no matter what previous fix I use. Another person with the same card has same issue.

#7 27-09-2019 
@eegee91

You need to empty your PM's.... It's full. Smile

#8 28-12-2019 
OOPS! My apologies! Sorry.

#9 14-02-2020 
  • Registered
im not sure if you deleted my comment but im new here, im not trying to be annoying, I apologize. I just really need help on how to fix this im not savvy at all. I wont leave any more comments sorry to be a bother. but if you could help me id really appreciate it

#10 14-02-2020 
Please, @zozeeky will you STOP being so impatient?

Sorry, that is a members only option