Maxis Elder clothing crashing game?
#1 14-08-2019 
  • Registered
So basically, if I create an elder in cas and scroll through the clothes, it'll crash when it gets to a certain clothing. I can't delete what is causing it because if I click on it, it automatically closes. I don't know what to do. Please help Sad

#2 15-08-2019 
You could delete the file from the folder outside the game, if you know which file it is. If you don't know which file it is, you may have to do a 50/50 dance on all your outfit files. That is, move half of your outifts out to a folder on the desktop, start the game and see what happens. If the game crashes, the faulty file is in the half that you kept. If it doesn't, the faulty file is in the half that you took out. Repeat this procedure (divide and test) with the half that has the faulty file, until there's only one file left.

For safety, you could then run the game with ONLY the faulty file, to make sure that it is indeed the one that breaks stuff. If it does, throw that file away, and run the game with all the other files. Next time a problem like this happens, you know what to do Smile

#3 12-10-2019 
This is bit old topic by now so you might have solved it already but I thought I'd throw this here anyway: I've found that usually when I have elder clothes crashing file called uhkjhihjkj(11) has sneaked back in my game. It's not always called that which makes it bit tricky to find it but it has certain characteristics that make it easy to find. Firstly, it's rather big file sizing 6,64MB so if you search your downloads folder for *.package and then set the viewing order by size it'll likely show up at the bigger end, usually only skintone files might be as big since they contain so many textures. Another thing you can tell it's the damn file is that if you open it in SimPE all it contains is 1534 CRES resources from the game. If you find it (or them since it might appear with multiple different names, I once had 4 with different names) just delete it, it's a buggy thing that's not actually needed for anything but it likes latching itself to Sims if they sport clothes that use in game meshes so sometimes people think it's mesh and include it with their clothing recolors but it's really not.

#4 12-10-2019 
That is very helpful information, @digi. Thank you for volunteering that. Even if the OP doesn't need it anymore, someone else might eventually be helped by this.

Sorry, that is a members only option