Hi. Longtime Sims Top Model Player
#1 01-10-2019 
  • Registered
Hi there, been playing sims 2 since it first came out - have a series of top model sims games that i play.

am currently having troubles with sims 2 and i'm feeling distraught. Sims 2 has been the medium for my artistic expression for like over a decade and it not working is really upsetting.

#2 01-10-2019 
First thing you need to do, is make sure you have your "EA Games" folder, located in "Documents", backed up to an external drive. Make sure you also save your VideoCards.sgr, and your GraphicRules.sgr files, backed up along with it. Now, what's your issue?

#3 02-10-2019 
  • Registered
(01-10-2019 08:23 PM)Kunder Wrote:  First thing you need to do, is make sure you have your "EA Games" folder, located in "Documents", backed up to an external drive. Make sure you also save your VideoCards.sgr, and your GraphicRules.sgr files, backed up along with it. Now, what's your issue?

Thank you, I have a thread here - I am hoping someone can help me out. I'm very appreciative to all in this forum.

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8993

#4 02-10-2019 
These work for some people, for others, not. If you run Win10, EVENTUALLY, NO ONE will be able to keep TS2 running. Especially, if you have a newer video card.

Might want to start saving some duckets for an older "Simming" machine in the future. I have several recommendations.

With each Win10/new VC driver updated, your chances of running TS2 properly, heads that much closer to the toilet bowl. Sorry to say.

Anyone who loves TS2, should seriously think about a second machine for that, and other older games, in the near future. BTW, you'll need to keep Win7Pro, or Win7HP, or Win8.1 around for the O/S.

I have roughly 20 or so laptops that are quite capable of running TS2, cleanly, and trouble free. Even across the pond, they're available. I'm currently trying to find the cheapest way possible, to send a laptop to different area's in Europe, from Texas. I've sent a couple under certain circumstances, and they were around $40-45 each to send to Germany from here.

#5 03-10-2019 
  • Registered
yeah i think that might be what i have to do. my buddy is looking into a windows emulator rn as well.

i've been playing since the game first came out. the past couple of weeks have been ridiculous for me. i'm embarrassed by how filled with dread this whole thing has made me.

thank you for responding.

Sorry, that is a members only option