File Video Cards - NVIDIA GeForce 940M not found
#1 18-12-2019 
  • Registered
Hi!

I have installed recently the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my laptop. Like very much people with Windows 10 and the game, the graphics doesn't work propertly.

In this forum, I have seen topics, explaning that you have to go to the Video Cards file and search your Graphic Card. The thing is, that I don't see in said file my graphic card, so I don't know what to put in the config-log.

My Graphic Card is NVIDIA GeForce 940M

PD: I have installed the files of Graphic Rules already and I have installed the last update of the graphic card.

Thanks

#2 19-12-2019 
@Catana

The config-log.txt tells us what is in your system, it is not the configuration file. The configuration files are Graphic Rules.sgr and Video Cards.sgr
Your graphics card is not showing up in your config-log.txt because it's not in Video Cards.sgr.

I can help you, but I will need to see your <yourpcname>-config-log.txt from the Logs folder in your game playing folders.
My Documents\EA\The Sims2\Logs\

If you upload it here, I can show you what you need to do to fix it all.

#3 19-12-2019 
... and then @Kunder can also use that info to update his "Video Cards" upload to include this card. Because I've checked, and it's not in there yet, either. Big Grin

#4 19-12-2019 
  • Registered
Hi!

I have attached the file that you told me to

Thank you!

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-UAQ1RI87-config-log.txt (Size: 10.45 KB / Downloads: 309)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option