sims2 #1
A replacement names-list (live.package) so your townies aren't stuck with the silly, boring, repetetive Maxis names...

BO-names-no-pets contains 1150 male first names, 1477 female first names, and 1844 last names (identical for males and females). This makes for a total of over 2.1 mln combinations for males, and over 2.7 mln for females. No pet names.

BO-names-with-pets is identical to the above, but also contains 1490 male and 1177 female pet names. Obviously, this one requires Pets!

Obviously, you install only ONE of these files, depending on whether you have Pets installed or not.

Nothing original: I took the names lists made by some of the great names (Jordi, CuteLilDeadGirl, HystericalParoxysm, among others), combined them, sorted the result, removed duplicates and compressed it.

Update, July 28th, 2011: added 7 female first names and 18 last names. Also removed some excess data, making the package a lot smaller.

Major Update, July 29th, 2011: I went a bit out of my way to add as many names as I could find, including Scandinavian and middle-European names. This mod now includes 2,823 male and 2,727 female first names and 5095 family names, making for a total of 14,4 mln combos for males and 13,9 mln for females... Yeah, that's right: there's a total of over 28 mln combos in there!

UPDATE, January 3rd, 2012: Sadly, a slight error in the file caused some names to be merged. This has now been corrected. Re-download is recommended to all. My apologies for the inconvenience.

UPDATE, October 23rd, 2012: Another upgrade, increasing the male first names to 3377, female first names to 3247, and last names to 5693. As a result, the total now comes to 18.5 mln female, and 19.2 male combos. Yes, a whopping 37.7 mln combos in total.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Names Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 51.31 KB | File Name BO - Names-no-Pets.zip | # of Downloads 863
File Updated 23-10-2012

Filesize 62.37 KB | File Name BO - Names-with-Pets.zip | # of Downloads 3,831
File Updated 23-10-2012

Comments
#29 29-11-2018
@lordtyger9,

Simler90 didn't even bother to supply those resources in a separate live.package? I also notice that they didn't bother to compress the .package, either... That file could have been much smaller!

Ok, sure, I was not supposed to do modding by request anymore. But I'll make that live.package for you. I'll do the work that simler90 should've done themselves...

EDIT: OK, the file is ready... I've added it as an extra download on the "BO - Numbered Business Ranks" page, and the name is "BO - Job Assignments".

#30 06-04-2019
Why, oh why am I just now downloading this? ((Thank You))

Sorry, that is a members only option