UC still lagging!
#1 08-01-2020 
Hey there guys! How is your day going?
So, I'm opening this thread because... well, I said it in the title. I literally tried everything I found (4 GB patch, Graphic Rules Maker, adding VRAM, changing the compatibility, etc.) for deleting, at least, a little bit of lag and it didn't work. Sad
When I first started the game it was already lagging; it was stuck at 800×600 resolution, it had flickering issues (all of these things already solved!) and was lagging while having no cc in my game and the lowest graphics.
I attached my -config-log.txt so you can look at it and. If someone knows what else I can do, or maybe if I made a mistake somewhere, please tell me!

Operating system:
Windows 10 Pro
Intel® Celeron® N4000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10GHz
8 GB of RAM (I can use 7,83 GB)
64 bits system

Thank you in advance! Heart

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-M4JL9DB-config-log.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 452)

#2 08-01-2020 
Your log shows you don't have your video card listed in the video card.sgr file, and it looks like the 4gb patch is not enabled.

#3 08-01-2020 
At least with the video cards.sgr, I can offer some help.

In the installation folder, go to "Fun with Pets/EP9/TSData/Res/Config", and open the file "Video Cards.sgr"
Search for the line that says: vendor "Intel" 0x8086 and make a new line directly below it, reading:

card 0x3185 "Intel® UHD Graphics 600" (where it reads ®, you type "( R )" without the spaces)

then save the file, and make a copy of this same file into the folder "Fun with Pets/EP9/TSData/Res/CSConfig".

Next time you start up the game, at least your video card should be recognized, and your config-log.txt file should change to show that.

Someone else show help you with the 4GB patch issue, because I have no idea how to do that.

#4 08-01-2020 
Thank you both for responding me! I just did the video card thing and I'll check if it works!
About the 4 GB patch, I'll try to redo it. My next post will have my (hopefully) new config-log!

And if you guys need something else, don't hesitate to ask me!
Hope you're having an amazing day/night! Heart

#5 09-01-2020 
I'm uploading my config-log.txt again! I hope it worked! I did the 4 GB patch and added the video card.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-M4JL9DB-config-log.txt (Size: 10.36 KB / Downloads: 274)

#6 09-01-2020 
That is already a lot better, but I still do have one remark... You did not follow my instruction entirely. You should NOT have typed the spaces in "( R )".
It should look like
Code:
(R)
In the current form, the game could still do things poorly.

Apart from that, good job so far.

#7 09-01-2020 
Yup, I noticed that while checking the config-log-txt. I'll restart my game and see if it works!

#8 09-01-2020 
So, I just closed my game after playing a bit (idk if that was necessary for the video card thing to work?) and here you have my config-log!

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-M4JL9DB-config-log.txt (Size: 10.35 KB / Downloads: 291)

#9 09-01-2020 
The game is now reading your video card, but it doesn't appear that the 4gb patch is working. Your not using compatiblity after enabling it are you? And when you edit the exe, or use the tool, you do need to move your exe to some place you have permission to edit, like the desktop.

#10 10-01-2020 
(09-01-2020 08:36 PM)HugeLunatic Wrote:  Your not using compatiblity after enabling it are you?

Umm, yeah. I mean, it helps the game to work better, right? I can't quit that option tho, I have no problem.

(09-01-2020 08:36 PM)HugeLunatic Wrote:  you do need to move your exe to some place you have permission to edit, like the desktop.

My .exe is actually in my desktop! (I made a copy of the 'original' one in the EP9 folder and pasted it in my desktop, is that the same thing?)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option