Make object clip through floor/ceiling
#1 07-02-2020 
Hello,

I was wondering if/how I could make an object clip through the floor/ceiling I'm hoping it is just a matter of adding a bhav.
It's this moon lamp from lidiqnata (actually the bigger version of it but since it is slaved I guess the change has to happen in the master anyways)

I wanna place it between two floors and the surrounding tiles being glass like. However when I try it the floor tiles on top make it dissappear completely which is why I would need the clipping.

This is kinda what I want but as soon as I put floor over or close to the moon it disappears:
[Image: zqspcI.jpg]

It will probably not be the only time where I'd love to play with something purposely clipping through the floor so if this isn't too hard I'd love to learn how to make objects behave this way.
Thanks for any help!
Lucydique, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Mar 2019.

#2 17-06-2020 
  • Registered
EDIT: Duh. I didn't read the post right. You've probably already done all that. There are some primitives you can put in BHAVs called 'Hide Floor' and 'Add Floor if required' that you can experiment with. Take a look at the sunken hot tub to see how they are used. In the Function-Init - Base BHAV click on the '4P Init Base' command and click view BHAV over on the right of SimPE to find them. You may need to fiddle with the room placement BHAV as well.

Ignore the rest of this
I would try this:

extract the GMDC as obj, open the obj file in MilkShape or Blender, from straight-on front view move the entire mesh down until the midpoint is where the bottom-most point was, save again as obj, import the new obj file into GMDC

That's if it was originally placed on floors. If placed on ceiling, drag the mesh up instead of down. Since it is a lamp, you will probably have to edit the light source position in the CRES as well.

I've had things clip through walls by placing things wrong to the left or right in Blender and still visible on both sides of the wall, so I'm just assuming it will be visible top and bottom by clipping through the floor as well.
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2020 12:20 PM by dARE.)

#3 17-06-2020 
This object already pokes through flooring. I didn't try with glass floor tiles, but standard flooring works. Unless I've misunderstood what you are trying to do.

ofc, this item would probably benefit from being shiftable.

[Image: 9Z773fb.png]

#4 27-07-2020 
you understood right, it must be those glass floors I'm using then cause someone else also said they can have it poke through the floor.
I'll try with different floors next time thanks for the answers (haven't played sims in a while sorry for the late reply)

Sorry, that is a members only option