I need help with the devil itself...DirectX 9 error
#1 19-03-2020 
  • Registered
Hey fellow simmers!

I have installed Sims 2 from disc (including all ep, but did download all stuff packs because I am OCD and NEED the complete experence Tongue) and I get this error that I know have been such a killer for tons of simmers.

"Failed to enumerate any DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapter and have installed lastest manufacturer provided driver. The application will now terminate..." Damn if that isn't annoying Angry

I do not know how much info you need of my computer but I will go ahead and put this down because why the hell not: AMD Radeon™ R2 Grahpics, HP, Windows 10.

I have tried a bunch of stuff that I seen on google and all had failed! But, yeah, help would be cool and hope you all are safe and staying healthy!

#2 20-03-2020 
  • Registered

.txt  DESKTOP-K4URPCA-config-log.txt (Size: 1.01 KB / Downloads: 312)
.txt  DESKTOP-K4URPCA-config-log.txt (Size: 1.01 KB / Downloads: 312)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option