sims2 #1
This quick and dirty hack, as requested by arathea, causes step-family to no longer be recognized as such. The effect is that sims can now have romantic relationships with step-family. May have a similar effect on in-laws. The negative side effect is that sims can no longer Encourage their step-children. Other parental interaction based on the step-family check will also be broken.

UPDATE June 4th, 2015: An alternative (alt) version of this mod is now available!
An improvement over the original version:
  • Family interactions between step-parents and step-children remain intact.
  • Step-siblings are no longer considered family, but have the Romantic interations available, if so desired.

UPDATE October 2nd, 2018: There is now a more complete version of this mod: BO - Step-Family Romance (fix).
  • Family interactions between step-parents and step-children remain intact.
  • Step-siblings are no longer considered family, but have the Romantic interations available, if so desired.
  • New feature: this mod includes the In-laws fix as originally created by kestrellyn@MTS2, added with her kind permission. Check her page out for more info.
  • Instead of removing a few unneeded tests, I originally just inverted their results when originally creating the alt version. Again, thanks to kestrellyn, this error has now been rectified.

UPDATE October 9th, 2018: I've decided to also remove the unneeded tests from the (alt) version. For those who want the latest version, but do NOT wish the In-Laws fix.
Because some people prefer it if their sims are still able to woo their in-laws Tongue

An upgrade to the new FIXED or ALT version is highly recommended.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Step-Family Romance Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 301 bytes | File Name BO - Step-Family Romance.zip | # of Downloads 4,906  
Filesize 513 bytes | File Name BO - Step-Family Romance (alt).zip | # of Downloads 2,374
File Updated 09-10-2018

Filesize 541 bytes | File Name BO - Step-Family Romance (fix).zip | # of Downloads 1,487  
Comments
#9 10-07-2015
Nope! 26 people have DL-ed the alternative version so far, and no problems have been reported yet. If ever an issue comes up, this is the first place you might find news about it. But you could help testing by also DL-ing and installing it Smile

#10 19-07-2015
UPDATE September 18th, 2015: I've decided to declare the test phase succesfully completed. I think the alt version is safe to use and does exactly what it *should* do: 110 downloads so far, and no bug reports. And in my own game it has been performing splendidly as well. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 08:58 PM by BoilingOil.)

#11 28-04-2018
If I can ask, I plan to play a medieval style with inteen, ACR and think this seams super to put in too. Do I need this to load first?

#12 29-04-2018
@MiaHSwe In general, whether a mod should load first, last or somewhere in between, may depend on what other mods one might have. Personally, I always advise that people put all my mods in a single folder that comes after all other folders. I suggest that you make a folder named "zzz-BoilingOil" and put my mods in that.

But in all honesty, I don't think it matters much where this mod loads. Load order is really only important if Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility finds a conflict between this mod and another. And then I advise to load mine last.

Sorry, that is a members only option