sims2 #1
This quick and dirty hack, as requested by arathea, causes step-family to no longer be recognized as such. The effect is that sims can now have romantic relationships with step-family. May have a similar effect on in-laws. The negative side effect is that sims can no longer Encourage their step-children. Other parental interaction based on the step-family check will also be broken.

UPDATE June 4th, 2015: An alternative (alt) version of this mod is now available!
An improvement over the original version:
  • Family interactions between step-parents and step-children remain intact.
  • Step-siblings are no longer considered family, but have the Romantic interations available, if so desired.

UPDATE October 2nd, 2018: There is now a more complete version of this mod: BO - Step-Family Romance (fix).
  • Family interactions between step-parents and step-children remain intact.
  • Step-siblings are no longer considered family, but have the Romantic interations available, if so desired.
  • New feature: this mod includes the In-laws fix as originally created by kestrellyn@MTS2, added with her kind permission. Check her page out for more info.
  • Instead of removing a few unneeded tests, I originally just inverted their results when originally creating the alt version. Again, thanks to kestrellyn, this error has now been rectified.

UPDATE October 9th, 2018: I've decided to also remove the unneeded tests from the (alt) version. For those who want the latest version, but do NOT wish the In-Laws fix.
Because some people prefer it if their sims are still able to woo their in-laws Tongue

An upgrade to the new FIXED or ALT version is highly recommended.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Step-Family Romance Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 301 bytes | File Name BO - Step-Family Romance.zip | # of Downloads 4,906  
Filesize 513 bytes | File Name BO - Step-Family Romance (alt).zip | # of Downloads 2,374
File Updated 09-10-2018

Filesize 541 bytes | File Name BO - Step-Family Romance (fix).zip | # of Downloads 1,487  
Comments
#25 09-10-2018
UPDATE October 9th, 2018: I've decided to also remove the unneeded tests from the (alt) version. For those who want the latest version, but do NOT wish the In-Laws fix.
Because some people prefer it if their sims are still able to woo their in-laws Tongue

An upgrade to the new FIXED or ALT version is highly recommended.

#26 10-10-2018
cool BO, I like this. I like choices. Now I have to decide which one. Right now I have the fixed with the Inlaw version. Decisions decisions. lol

#27 10-10-2018
@lordtyger9 I found that with the In-laws fix, suddenly, some of my slutty sims could only family-kiss their in-laws... That was just wrong! So I had to do something about it... Smile

#28 09-06-2019
  • Registered
I'm not sure what to use! I wish I could make it apply only to certain sims. I'd like some of my questionable sims to go for in-laws, but some of my sims are good and well and I would rather them not see their in-laws as romantic prospects. I know I can just play them that way, but still looks weird when my good sims with in-laws swoon over each other. Can't have it all I guess!

Sorry, that is a members only option