[<<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>> by Connie_22
#1 21-04-2020 
  • Registered
Hi there,

Can anyone help me with the below? Everytime I have gone to create a family on the Sims 2 it crashes. I have tried to research how to fix this but I'm really bad with computers so I haven't got very far.. I am assuming the issue is <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE>>? I have tried to trouble shoot compatibility but it still does not work. I am using Windows 8.

I have attached the Config-Log

Thankyou!!

Attached File(s)
.txt  CONNIESPC-config-log.txt (Size: 8.35 KB / Downloads: 281)

#2 21-04-2020 
I'm sure the <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE>> is merely the beginning of your troubles. It is, however, one of the few small things I can help you with.
From the following part of you config-log:

Code:
Name (driver):   Intel(R) HD Graphics
Name (database): Intel(R) HD Graphics <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor:          Intel
Chipset:         Vendor: 8086, Device: 0106, Board: 05551028, Chipset: 0009

I can tell that you need to go to the "TSData/Res/Config" folder in the installation folder of the expansion with which you normally start your game (sorry I cannot be specific, but you didn't give us a lot of information), then open the Video Cards.sgr file, go to the section that starts with:

Code:
vendor "Intel" 0x8086

and then add the following line immediately below that:
Code:
card 0x0106 "Intel(R) HD Graphics"

Then save the file, and make a copy of it in the CSConfig folder as well. Then start the game, pay a little, and shut it down again. Then see if the config-log has changed.
Then, in your next post, please be more specific what problems you have in the game, and maybe some of us may be more helpful.

#3 21-04-2020 
  • Registered
Thankyou for your swift response. Sorry I wasn't very specific. Since my post I have found one of the original replies and downloaded the Graphics Rule Maker.. I thought this would fix the issue but now it wont even let me start the game and is coming up with this notice- "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors in this system! Please sure you have a directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptor and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer"

my config log is now saying this.. (attached)

Attached File(s)
.txt  CONNIESPC-config-log.txt (Size: 9.11 KB / Downloads: 288)

#4 22-04-2020 
Oh my goodness. GRM again? From what I can see, your config-log now looks all right, but I don't know how to fix anything that that #@^!$ GRM program screws up!

I hope that someone else here has more helpful info for you, because there's nothing more I can do right now.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option