sims2 #1
With this mod, the Compost bin will now hold 50 units in stead of 30, the rate at which trash is composted has been lowered by 25%, and Compost can now be sold for §5 per unit (§7 if the active sim is a member of the Garden Club). Additionally, the bin's contents will now be shown in the pie menu. Enjoy!

Update, April 6th, 2012: After finding and installing Monique's Auto Tending Compost mod, I found that the original customization wasn't enough anymore; trash stacks up so fast, that you need more capacity, and faster processing. So now there's also a "x2" version, which holds double the amount, and works twice as fast. This new bin holds 100 units, and converts a unit of trash to compost once every 4 hours.

NOTE: You can have only one of these mods in your downloads folder; they both change the same files to alter the properties of the original Maxis Compost Bin, so they conflict with eachother.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Customized Compost Bin Screenshot BO - Customized Compost Bin Screenshot    
Download link
Filesize 2.52 KB | File Name BO - Customized Compost Bin.zip | # of Downloads 548  
Filesize 2.52 KB | File Name BO - Customized Compost Bin x2.zip | # of Downloads 1,199  

Comments
#2 02-11-2010
Nice picture - this is a cool mod I think. Handy for gardener-living on the fruits of the land sims.

#3 02-11-2010
Yup, that's what I made it for exactly: A living-of-the-land scenario! Even a family with just a few trees in their yard and 48 garden plots would gather more compost than they'd ever use for fertilization. In only a few weeks, they ended up with 5 full bins that they would never be able to get rid of...

This mod was meant to help a little.

#4 23-11-2010
  • Registered
I am very grateful for this mod! This is definitely going to neaten up my sims garden area.

Thanks BO!

Sorry, that is a members only option