[SOLVED] Upgraded to Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB and D3DERR_INVALIDCALL!
#1 14-09-2020 
  • Registered
Hello,

A week ago I was running Sims2 UC on my machine running Windows 10 (with NVIDIA GTX 760) perfectly - custom content working a dream everything. Hadn't needed to do anything except the resolution fix since I installed it 3 years ago.

Switched to a NVIDIA 1060 6GB in the week and now getting the 'Direct3D returned an error: D£DERR_INVALIDCALL!' error. (EDIT: does this in both windowed & non-windowed mode)

Bodyshop runs - Main Game does not.

In response to this I have:
Uninstalled and CLEAN installed the graphics driver
'Repaired Game' from the Origin starter
Updated the 'Video Cards.sgr' (to both folders) with the new card and have it recognising that
Added the 'Graphics Rules - NVIDIA - Texture Fix - Max Screen Size' file to replace the originals
Run DxDiag - running v12

I've attached my log file, if anyone could help I'd be most appreciative!!

::MAJOR EDIT::: After 18 hours, and much faffing and experimenting, I finally fixed it!

Did all of the above THEN:

Went to C:\Users\*username*\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Config
- Deleted 'userProps'

Started the game - and it finally loaded all the way!
- you have to put up with the (usual for this bit) shenanigans of resolution issues, custom content not being there, even though you allow it
- reset the graphics to 1920x1080 allowed custom content using the menu (still won't show up)
- opened a couple of neighbourhoods and scooted about
- Closed the game

Restarted it - and ta dah!!!!!
- Game loads
- Correct Resolution
- CC there in all it's wonderful glory Smile
- Also works in windowed mode

Thank to everyone on here for posts from the past - they really did help!

Attached File(s)
.txt  BEATRICE-config-log.txt (Size: 15.13 KB / Downloads: 344)
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020 01:34 PM by WingTroker.)

#2 14-09-2020 
Are you starting the game in window mode? This is common when trying to run in full screen with newer video cards.

#3 14-09-2020 
  • Registered
Hello,

It crashes whether in windowed or not, sadly.

The music continues. but the screen goes blue behind and the error pops up.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option