The Sims 2 crashes on start
#1 10-01-2021 
  • Registered
Hi! I have a Windows7 system installed. The characteristics of my computer:
- Ryzen 5
- Radeon RX 5500 XT
- 12 gigabytes of memory (RAM).
I can't run The Sims 2 UC. The game gives an error without even starting. I've tried clearing cache files, downloading different Graphics Rule.sgr for AMD, but that doesn't fix the problem. I think I've tried every option I can think of. Used the "Graphics Rules Maker" program, but nothing changed. I tried installing different drivers from new to old.

Help me plz!
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021 02:47 AM by lirika.)

#2 10-01-2021 
Hi @lirika, could you tell us what exactly the error is that you get when trying to run the game?
Also, would you please attach a dxdiag.txt file to one of your next posts? It might be useful to anyone who wants to try to help you.

I'm not surprised that running the GRM doesn't help. That tool is only useful if the game already runs, but doesn't use the graphics card properly.
We'll try and do whatever we can to figure this one out for you, ok?

#3 10-01-2021 
  • Registered
The "config-log" file in the "logs" folder is not created

BoilingOil, Hello. I just noticed your message. Errors: "Program Failure. Application will be closed", and a blank window with no text. Sometimes the game runs. But I can't run it more than 3-4 times, otherwise my computer reboots.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021 09:26 AM by lirika.)

#4 10-01-2021 
@lirika Sorry, but where did I ask for a config-log ?? I know that, if the game will not fully run, it usually doesn't get to create that file either. That's why I asked for the DXDIAG.txt, a file created when you click "save all data" from within the program "DXDIAG".

Sorry, that is a members only option