Sims 2 loading screen issue
#1 14-01-2021 
  • Registered
I re-installed the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (Origin) on Windows 7 on my new computer.

I often make Sims 4 clothes conversions, mostly for my own use. During the re-installation I followed all instructions from here about graphic rules, 4 GB patch etc. All is fine with the game, ingame, CAS and Bodyshop.

I just got something annoying when I load an ingame Sim to install on a testing ingame lot (empty most of time) : on the loading screen, the Sim that should wear the converted clothing is naked.

I'm a bit puzzled about this, because other converted clothes from other meshers, are showing up fine on the loading screen. Except sometimes very high poly hair, replaced with Maxis or with bald scalp. Myself don't convert hair for the Sims 2.

I already asked at MTS. And I was told that the loading screen can't handle high poly. But I'm still wondering why it happens for my own clothes conversions, not with other people conversions.

Might there be something in graphic rules, like a line or value to change somewhere ? I checked back the config log and it says 4096MB. I always launch the game from Sims2EP9 in the CSBin to keep the memory value unchanged.

I don't know if this is the right section for such type of question, because it's both tech and modding, I guess.

Thank you very much in advance for any useful tip, if there is any. If not much can be done, it's OK. Note, sometimes use decimate in Blender to reduce the ratio or take a Simgeon of lower Kb size might do the trick, but not of all S4 clothes to convert. Just for all to know, I don't have the S4 installed, so I use another method for conversions (by Strawberrikhunnie, a youtube video in two parts, still available).

Sorry, that is a members only option