Direct3D Returned An Error?
#11 21-04-2021 
(20-04-2021 04:31 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  First thing:
Name (database): Radeon ™ RX 480 Graphics <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
So use the NEW Graphics Rules Maker? (The old one isn't safe for W10 PCs)
It will help you set your GPU.
Then, clear your caches (found in your Docs folder)

Second thing:
Memory: 2048MB
Free memory: 2048MB

If you actually have more than 2Gb RAM on your machine, you need to do the 4Gb fix.
And, if you are using Origin's UC, are you using a noCD.exe to launch your game? (So it doesn't "phone home" to Origin?)
The NoCD that we recommend is "George" - and it is already 4Gb'ed, if you get the bottom one.
Hint: Once you have George in place, do NOT click "Run as Admin" - that will undo the 4Gb'edness Wink

Good luck ~ let us know how it goes!

Ok Thank you so much for this info! So with the older graphics rule I have in game, do I just let the new one over write it or do I need to put the original back before doing the new version?
I have 16GB of memory on my PC. I don't understand how it's not being used when I run TS2. When I check my Specs, the pc is familiar with the extra GB of memory. I just installed another stick a couple months ago because my PC came with 8GB. How do I do the 4GB fix?
Far as the Capability, I have TS2 to run on Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) is that ok? Last but not least I do have to load TS2 through Origin so to use George, Do I just let the files over write as well? because I see that it replaces Sims2EP9.exe

I will give this a try and let you know how it goes. Thank you again so much!

#12 21-04-2021 
You are welcome! Big Grin

Let the GRM rewrite the graphics rules. (Make a copy of the old one, and store it on your desktop until you know you have a working version in place.)

Using 'George' will automagically fix the 4Gb for you... no need to do anything else.
Rename the original to Sims2EP9.ORIG (it will still be there, in the folder - but unreadable) then put 'George's' version in place. 'George' replaces Origin's launcher. You're files will not have to deal with Origin any more - no more fixing/updating/reinstalling from Origin. (I haven't launched the Origin program for over a year on my machine!)

Good luck!

#13 22-04-2021 
Just wanted to come in and say that I have installed the New graphic rule and also "george" and my game seem to run fine but I haven't played long enough to see if it would crash or not or have the Direct3D issue. However, I'm having a little transparency problem with the texture from "The Kinder Kontainer" infant crib and any texture that is pulled from that crib. I have attached a pic below. Do I need to change my texture settings?

SN: Looking at the snapshot I took in game, the texture seem to look normal Huh but in game, it's see through. Looking at the pic as well and to the right, you can see how the railings look a bit faded. It was the same for this custom potty I downloaded as well that use texture from the maxis crib in game. Pic also attached.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#14 22-04-2021 
If it's CC, I'd guess it was badly made, and chuck it.
But, since it's also happening with in-game items, I have no idea... *sorry* Confused
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

#15 22-04-2021 
Yea it's happening with the crib that came with the game. They were working before I did the new graphics rule and twitched over to using George.
Also my game has not crashed at all when I loaded again and fully played Celebrate
better piture of the crib below

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 23-04-2021 04:54 AM by SimsPlayer.)

#16 23-04-2021 
I know it's not 'George's' fault... It's a graphics thing. George doesn't have anything to do with that - so don't change him, now that he's working.

You probably need to tweak your Graphics Rules? I don't know what or how - but, that's my guess.

#17 23-04-2021 
Yea I was thinking that I would prob have to do something with the graphic rule but not sure what it is as well.
My game crashed again but I was playing it for more then 2 hours. It appears that my memory is now at 1024mb with the same amount as free memory. Doesn't seem like the 4G patch worked?

#18 23-04-2021 
No - it should be 4096. ReDL George, and put in a fresh copy.

#19 24-04-2021 
Ok so I click on the George4G link right, and it redirect me to the page where I download it? I did that the first time. So do I just delete the other one instead of renaming it? I still have the original SP9 in the folder.

#20 24-04-2021 
Yes, I would delete the old one and replace it with a fresh DLed copy.
Don't touch your original - just keep it in the folder (you changed the extension right? Mine is .ORIG instead of .exe - Sims2EP9.ORIG)
Remember - once George is in place, do not change compatibility/Admin privileges.

Graphics issues have nothing to do with George. Look elsewhere to solve those issues. Good luck!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option