Here we go again
#11 28-05-2021 
(28-05-2021 01:52 AM)vrytrash Wrote:  If your graphics card can't handle the load the 4Gb patch ain't going to improve things.
True, but most computers these days can handle it. We would need the dxdiag in order to determine if it is needed.

(28-05-2021 01:52 AM)vrytrash Wrote:  So should I use the GRM for real because its back and forth on here?
On this site, you will see a lot of negativity for GRM. But that was the older version that sparked this as it messed up the graphicsrules.sgr for newer pc's and windows 10. The newest version was updated to better server newer GPUs and windows 10 users. So if you want to try and fix your game, then yes, use it.

#12 28-05-2021 
  • Registered

Why are you being rude? Sorry if its a back and forth thing but one thing you will not be is rude for me being concern about my game and computer.

(28-05-2021 05:53 PM)HugeLunatic Wrote:  wer GPUs and

Okay, thank you for your help. Really appreciated it.
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2021 09:32 PM by vrytrash.)

#13 28-05-2021 
(28-05-2021 09:30 PM)vrytrash Wrote:  Why are you being rude?

I'm from the Netherlands, so I say the things the way I see them, very straightforward, without caring if I accidentally step on your toes. So if you call ME rude, that's fine. I've been called worse and I don't care. I know how I come across. But nobody here has bitten your head off. Most of the others are much more patient than I think they need to be.

You've asked for help. People have tried their best to help with what little information you gave us to work with, but you question every suggestion they make.
If they tell you to apply a 4GB patch and run the newest GRM to fix your game, they're not saying that to break your game, but to help you make it better. Be grateful and follow their suggestions. Or maybe you would like to try asking for help at http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com ...

#14 29-05-2021 
  • Registered

So I cant question things? I have looked honestly through all forums and wanted to make sure my stuff is good. You being mad weird and you really don't have to help if you're going to be like this. I gave my specs and everything and trying to find some answers so if you really just want to be rude you really can move on to another thread or so.

The 4GB patch I have seen two sides and tried it but it did not work and did everything correctly.

And didn't you say not to use the GRM for windows 10 too?

#15 29-05-2021 
If three people tell you the same thing, and you still keep asking if you should follow their recommendation, then no... you're done questioning. These people try to help you. Continuing to ignore their advice means that YOU are coming off as rude, and they have the right to lose their patience.

True, I don't always agree with the others here. That is my right. But I am only one, and I could be wrong. Also, they are still my friends and they mean well!
And it's true that I've frequently said that the GRM is no good. But as some others here have pointed out, newer versions of GRM are apparently better than the older ones that I have experience with.
As for the 4GB patch: Get George, and replace your executable with it. Should work for everyone using M&G.

#16 29-05-2021 
  • Registered
(29-05-2021 08:39 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  If three people tell you the same thing, and you still keep asking if you should follow their recommendation, then no... you're done questioning. These people try to help you. Continuing to ignore their advice means that YOU are coming off as rude, and they have the right to lose their patience.

True, I don't always agree with the others here. That is my right. But I am only one, and I could be wrong. Also, they are still my friends and they mean well!
And it's true that I've frequently said that the GRM is no good. But as some others here have pointed out, newer versions of GRM are apparently better than the older ones that I have experience with.
As for the 4GB patch: Get George, and replace your executable with it. Should work for everyone using M&G.

Not ignoring their advice as I have used the advice of others on this forum and I'm not being rude if I have questions seeing as this forum is kinda use for this? Are you not getting this or...... I mean if half the people say one thing but another say something about the program yeah I am gonna question it so my desktop and game work properly.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option