Unable to Edit Video Card
#1 25-05-2021 
  • Registered
Hello all,

Firstly thanks so much for providing all the necessary info for updating graphic cards, although I'm in need of a bit of help.

So I'm operating on Windows 10, and I've attached my -config.log.txt-

Like many others, I'm having issues with the flickering in-game. However, I've encountered 2 issues while trying to fix up the graphics.

1. I do not have the file for Fun With Pets - I do have Mansions and Gardens, so I figure I'll just edit the videocard.sgr for that pack, however,
2. When I add my device and card name information under Intel, it won't let me save the file because I don't have the correct permissions. When I've tried to run Notepad as an administrator and pull up the videocard file, it doesn't appear.

Has anyone run into these problems and can offer advice?

Thanks in advance!

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-OPF020D3-config-log.txt (Size: 10.36 KB / Downloads: 215)

#2 25-05-2021 
To your points 1 and 2:
1. Mansion & Gardens Stuff is included in Fun with Pets, so they both use the same executable! The videocards pack is fine with either.
2. Are you using the same user account to edit the files as was used to install the game? If not, that would explain the permissions issue.

I'm not sure if this is going to affect the flickering, but your config-log suggests that you do NOT use the 4GB patch.
Also, your texture memory is set to 32 MB. With that setting.
With these two issues, I would be surprised if you could even open any household without crashing.

#3 25-05-2021 
If you run the latest GRM as admin it should allow you to edit and save the files. Alternatively if you wish to edit them manually, cut and paste the files to desktop, edit & save, then cut and past back to program files.

#4 12-12-2023 
  • Registered
One workaround compelling was to copy the video card.SGR file to my desktop, make the edits there and then move it back to its original folder. This way, you can bypass the permissions issue. Also, make sure you are logged in as an administrator. If the file isn't showing up, try opening Notepad as an administrator first, then navigate to the file from within Notepad.

Having professional video editing software is essential in my video editing work. That's why I use Movavi. It simplifies complex tasks with its drag-and-drop feature for video and audio tracks, and the addition of effects aligns well with popular editing techniques. This has been particularly helpful for creating high-quality content, whether it's for YouTube or more professional projects.
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2024 11:14 AM by satomi66.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option