Problem DVD Win10 Crashing with DirectX message
#1 25-05-2022 
  • Registered
Hi there,

First of all I want to thank you all for your work which is a real help for all of us. Wink

I'm writing here today because I've been playing the sims 2 on windows 10 since a long time and the only solution I've founded was to play in windowed mod.
Today I discovered that there is other solution and the game can be playable without window mod.

I've followed the instructions to add my graphic card in the "Video Cards.sgr" files and as you can see in my config log my graphic is not considered as missing from the database. I tried also installing the GRAPHIC RULES Fix but when I lauch the game I still have the DirectX message so no solution for now Sad .

I can still play it in windowed mod but impossible to launch it in full screen.

Did anyone already encounter such problem and or know or to deal with that ?

If I missed something of if you need more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Hunp

Attached File(s)
.txt  ANTOINE-config-log.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 114)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 53.42 KB / Downloads: 139)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option