Show Us Your Sims!
#51 22-10-2018 
Daniel can go either way, depending on my mood, but I don't kill him.

Don Lothario is whooped into submission, by the Goth family due to financial pressure. Let's face it. Don is broke. He needs Goth Simoleons in order to survive. He has NO survival skills whatsoever. So, here's what happens:

Mortimer has Don fired (Force to quit) from his job for malfeasance, for leaving Cassandra at the alter (not legal to leave someone hanging at the altar in my game). Don gets desperate, and begs her to take him back. However, Cassandra isn't having any of it, unless Don:

1. Takes the Goth name.
2. Changes his aspiration to "Family".
3. Does not work, and stays home to take care of the house, and household (cook, clean, etc.).
4. Does NOT leave the yard without Alexander, Mortimer, or Cassandra.
5. Not allowed a car, not allowed to drive.
6. Not allowed to use public transit without supervision.
7. Stays FAITHFUL to Cassandra, who rules the roost.
Keep in mind, Cassandra loves Don, but doesn't trust him as far as she can throw an old Buick. Who can blame her!

If he fails to do any of the above, Cassandra will divorce him, and he'll either end up in "Slappy's Flop House" ( If he's lucky), or wind up in a "cardboard" shelter, in a lot with all the city's trash, and NO Simoleons! He will be forced into the "Criminal" career, and never be able to advance higher than Level 2.

IF HE COMPLIES:

Slowly, trust will be earned back. Baby steps though.

I never kill him though.
(This post was last modified: 22-10-2018 11:33 PM by Kunder.)

#52 22-10-2018 
LOL! Harsh... but, I def. see the necessity there Wink

Don's my main "test" sim. He gets magic 50K handouts all the time and mood boosters out his wahzoo... and, unless he's needed to check something out for me, pretty much he gets to do whatwhoever trips his trigger. Right now he's enjoying his new puppy - OMG, he loves that silly little thing!

#53 22-10-2018 
@Kunder If sims eventually die due to old age, don't you come telling me that I killed them. They died. Not my fault...

*I* don't kill anyone... I just don't make a lot of fuss protecting SOME sims who do stupid stuff from the elements.
If Daniel decides to go cuddle under the stars with some nobody, who am I to stop him? And then if a satellite comes crashing down on him... sure, he's dead. But don't blame that on me. He went out with a BANG! Better than seeing the life slowly being squeezed out of you, for sure.
If Don wants to sit in a hottub during a rainstorm, just because there's a female in that tub as well, that's his business. If lightning then strikes him... sure, he's dead. But don't blame that on me. He went out with a BANG! Better than being neutered and made into a housewife under Wrinkle-butt and her father!

Things happen. Some sims don't get as much free will as Don and Daniel, so they don't die from doing stupid stuff. Who is to say what's better for them? At least, I don't torture them into a life that doesn't fit their style! Tongue

#54 22-10-2018 
(22-10-2018 05:21 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  @Kunder If sims eventually die due to old age, don't you come telling me that I killed them. They died. Not my fault...

*I* don't kill anyone... I just don't make a lot of fuss protecting SOME sims who do stupid stuff from the elements.
If Daniel decides to go cuddle under the stars with some nobody, who am I to stop him? And then if a satellite comes crashing down on him... sure, he's dead. But don't blame that on me. He went out with a BANG! Better than seeing the life slowly being squeezed out of you, for sure.
If Don wants to sit in a hottub during a rainstorm, just because there's a female in that tub as well, that's his business. If lightning then strikes him... sure, he's dead. But don't blame that on me. He went out with a BANG! Better than being neutered and made into a housewife under Wrinkle-butt and her father!

Things happen. Some sims don't get as much free will as Don and Daniel, so they don't die from doing stupid stuff. Who is to say what's better for them? At least, I don't torture them into a life that doesn't fit their style! Tongue
TRUE, and true. Accidents happen, and only one of my Sims, outside of "Smorgia" are not allowed to die of old age, or anything else for that matter.

Smorgia Sims are "immortal", as they are comprised of my 16 original families. There's something "magical" about Smorgia Smeaches. Ever eat a Smorgia Smeach?Big Grin.

However, if Don wants to be an azzhat, he can suffer an azzhat's punishment for a while (not permanently, I'm not THAT cruel) Smile. If Don did something stupid, and is catapulted over "The Great Boa", So be it. I have a couple other Sims that are handled that way. Some Sims, just like some people, are destined for a Darwin Award. Some Sims, are just as stupid as a football bat.

Oh, Let's not forget.... Don *IS* suspect in the disappearance of Bella Goth.

#55 22-10-2018 
(22-10-2018 04:54 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  LOL! Harsh... but, I def. see the necessity there Wink

Don's my main "test" sim. He gets magic 50K handouts all the time and mood boosters out his wahzoo... and, unless he's needed to check something out for me, pretty much he gets to do whatwhoever trips his trigger. Right now he's enjoying his new puppy - OMG, he loves that silly little thing!

Bob Woods, is my "test" Sim, and my official housing inspector. He is a retired "City Planner", and my most important Sim. Any house I build, or any Maxis made house, must be "Bob Woods approved" before a Sim family is moved in. He has a '69 Ford Truck, and is moved in to any new house, to test how well a Sim can get around in it, how well the garage works, etc. That way, there's a minimal amount of "Arguing over position", when the family moves in. He is also the repairman in all my hoods. Bob is invited to a Sim's house (He knows ALL the Sims in whatever hood he's in) when their computer, TV, Dishwasher, etc. breaks down. He's made temporarily "selectable", and fixes the appliance. He is then paid by the family either in barter, or cash. Bob has multiple gold badges, that include Fishing, Robot making, and Gardening. He is truly, *THE* "All-Star" Sim!

I don't want Bob to get lonely, so I always set Delilah O'Feefe, as his Grand daughter. He dotes over her, and makes sure she's well taken care of. Bob loves his Grand daughter! His best friend is PT#9 Smith.

Bob, is legitimately rich. He has earned a LOT of money from inspection bonuses, and being of service, to his fellow Sims. Big Grin

Bob is my ONLY "immortal" Sim, outside of Smorgia. He's WAY too important to die Smile.

Say "Hello" to Bob Woods!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 27-10-2018 07:43 PM by Kunder.)

#56 22-10-2018 
@Pizzatron-9000 Umm Might be a bit cheaty to some people, but I like to use the SimWardrobe Visual Teleportal to teleport the Garden Club to what ever lot I am playing. Or one could use Inge Jone's teleportal you just have to look by household. I like the SimWardrobe one because you can see what they look like and the sims are organized by type not household.

@leefish I am a cheaty fish too, I don't feel bad about it after all I don't play Challenges or anything where I am competing with any other player, I just play for my own enjoyment. Also I would like a thread about Play Styles, I would be happy to write about how I play.

I like to play sort of Legacy Style and I have Clans.

This is a picture of the brother and sister Founders of the O'Nial Clan of Aliens.

This is a picture of the brothers and sisters that are Founders of the FitzHugh Clan of Aliens.

This is Chloe (Curious) Davis, her last name is Davis because I married her and her sister Lola off to one of the Davis Brothers, after I aged her down, made her into a Popularity Sim and sent her and Lola off to University.

This Lola (Curious) Davis, her last name is Davis because I married her and her sister Chloe off to one of the Davis Brothers, after I aged her down, made her into a Popularity Sim possibly I don't remember what she was at the begining and sent her and Chloe off to University.

This is Aldric Davis, I married him to one of the Sisters, but I forget which right now.

This is Almeric Davis, I married him to the other sister, but I forget which one right now.

Choe and Lola and Aldric and Almeric all are popularity Sims and they live together in large house in Bluewater Village next to the water. They are part of the Smith Clan, but I gave different last names to all of the Clan Smith Founders. For example I gave Johnny the last name of Nigmos as I married him off to Ophelia Nigmos.

#57 22-10-2018 
(21-10-2018 02:14 PM)Kunder Wrote:  I noticed I accidentally got the rest of the Smaddams famly in the pic (Uncle Smester, Smomez, Smorticia, Pfugsley, and Simsday).
I find your lack of Lurch Smurch disturbing. Tongue

(21-10-2018 11:44 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  I'm working on a BaCC, I would be very interested in seeing other people's playstyle.
You're working on a Bachelor of Accountancy degree? Good luck! Big Grin

(21-10-2018 04:13 PM)Kunder Wrote:  OOOPS! I forgot to include made over, Jill Smith. Here she is! Katy too. I may not make the most complicated Sims, but I DO like showing them off. Smile
+1 Like for the little blonde thing in the Aerosmith shirt. Smile

So which Jill Smith is she? This one (aged to perfection) or this one (not aged much, but run through SimPE once or twice)?

(22-10-2018 02:12 AM)Kunder Wrote:  Your Sims are outstanding! Good on Ya!
Aw, you flatter me! Big Grin

(22-10-2018 02:12 AM)Kunder Wrote:  Swamp, and Bayou are interchangeable, except some use "Bayou" to describe more, open swampland.
Well, bayous are almost certainly more watery than swamps are. When my Dad and I drove to Camden, Alabama to visit an ancestral graveyard almost a decade ago, one leg of our journey was Highway 182 through Louisiana, down to New Orleans. At some parts, everything to the right-hand side off the highway (as we were Eastbound at the time) was bayou, much of which was water with tons of trees and heavy shrubbery sticking out of it. Every now and then we'd see someone in a boat, but with Louisiana said to be home to so many alligators and water moccasins, I imagine that people don't do much swimming in the bayous.

(Every roadside shop along that highway seemed to be selling several garments or knick-knacks made of alligator hide, and I don't think we ever saw a Cajun restaurant that wasn't hawking alligator bites or alligator étouffée. So evidently the alligator trappers were doing pretty good business thereabout.)

I also have to wonder if there are any differences among swamps, fens, bogs and marshes, aside from where those wetlands are and who came up with the names for them. Undecided

(22-10-2018 02:12 AM)Kunder Wrote:  I treat my Sims like "pets". I play Sims because I have a "God complex" Tongue (I secretly desire to rule the entire world, with an iron fist). Don't worry, LeeFish, will be spared.Big Grin
I'm simply a benevolent SimGod (aside from the occasional spot of orneriness or ordeal just to mix things up, like Mindy Pugiless being aggressive and picking fights with half the people she comes across); I do what I can to guide my poor, clueless "children" into long, prosperous and happy lives, taking whatever advantages come their way...gardening, Career Rewards, the rewards from the secret vacation lots, what-have-you.

So I like to think that my most well-to-do Sims could buy and sell BO's Sims dozens of times over. *pokes him in the ribs* Tongue

(22-10-2018 02:12 AM)Kunder Wrote:  I think it's funny to hear them complain after a new decoration, or some other item is installed in their homes.
Me: *plunks down a cheap TV*
Sim: *follows the 'What's This' action and finds it* "Aw, foogen schnaffen!"
Me: "Hey! You needed a Fun object, but you still haven't snagged that job promotion, so you couldn't afford anything better! Land that promotion and we'll see about getting you an expensive plasma TV, all right?"

The little ingrates. Big Grin

(22-10-2018 02:12 AM)Kunder Wrote:  The only behavioral mods I use, is to stop the "stuff face", and "Stay off my computer/TV/etc".
Ah. You're not a fan of Cyjon's fifty-billion behavior-altering mods, I take it. Wink

(22-10-2018 02:12 AM)Kunder Wrote:  ...and I LOVE the Ottomas clan!
Well, even though I have the patch to fix Samantha's pregnancy, just the fact that EAxis shipped them in such an unfinished state turns me off to them. I did, however, marry Dora to Chief Anahu and welcome her into his tribal household when I last played my Twikkii-Island-like Moku Lahahana neighborhood. Other than that, I don't touch the Ottomas family much, and I'm content to watch Samantha waddle heavily around Pleasantview as she is. Smile

(22-10-2018 02:12 AM)Kunder Wrote:  I just make sure they're fed, housed and happy. I like to keep their moods, and aspirations high. Even "supporting cast" Sims get their moment. When an elder is ready to "Jump the Great Boa", They get my full attention for the last, two, Sim days. They buy some nice clothes, They get to eat lunch at the "Upturned Nose" (VERY fancy restaurant in my game), get the day to themselves, and go home, and after changing in to their finest clothes, and one last meal with the family. They go to their reward with high aspirations, and a full tummy. Smile

This is my way of letting them know that even though I didn't use them much, their efforts didn't go unnoticed, and the game wouldn't have been the same without them.
Awww! At the risk of shedding a few of my Manly Points, that is too sweet for words! Smile

Just as in real life, death is one of the most significant events in Simmy life, and I'm touched that you treat it with the respect that it deserves. But death still bothers me a bit, and who really likes to deal with it? So I try to postpone my Simmy demises for as long as I can, and thus the Elixir of Life, Kibble of Life and vampirism flow freely in my hoods (with zombiism on the rise as well, even though some may consider the zombie state to be a fate worse than death). Kileighney Hagg is the lone deviant who uses a Cowplant to garner everlasting youth; she just keeps reanimating the same dead townie and feeding the resulting zombie to the Cowplant whenever she needs to get her youth back. Mother Gothel in Tangled was never this vicious. o_O

I'm also in the process of either beautifying Gothier Green Lawns or replacing it with a larger, nicer cemetery where live Sims can grieve for dead Sims (and where the Knowledge Sims can readily satisfy their "See Ghost" Wants; not every bygone Sim is content to rest in peace, after all).

(22-10-2018 03:05 AM)leefish Wrote:  I rarely play the premades. I did play the Broke and Ottomas families back in the day and it was a blast.
I think I'm on that same boat. I play some of the premades, but only after they've been adopted into my own created households. Webster the stray dog? Jolene Lupina befriended him and adopted him into her household. Cole Fleig from Three Lakes? Jolene's mother Marylin broke off an engagement with Malcolm Landgraab IV to marry him, so now he's living in Pleasantview's Bluewater Village district with her and their daughters. Rosemarie Jitmakusol and Elizabeth Ng? They're still attending college at Sim State University, and they were both sororitymates with Jolene, so now Elizabeth's a werewolf (but Rosemarie isn't). Stella Terrano? She graduated with Jolene, and she was sororitymates with Jolene, Rosemarie and Elizabeth; naturally, she rolled up the "Be a Werewolf" Want at some point, and Jolene obliged, so Stella's an alien/werewolf hybrid now. Jessica Ebadi? She burgled Carmilla von Carstein's manor, Carmilla bit her neck just to lock Jessica in the greenhouse but had a change of heart and let Jessica out of the greenhouse right as the sun rose, but Carmilla couldn't just abandon another vampire to homelessness, so now Jessica lives with Carmilla in the same manor house that she tried to plunder. Ironic, right?

[Image: CarmieAndJess08.jpg]

They still have the TV that Jessica gave to Carmilla as a peace offering of sorts. I'm sure that Jessica pilfered it from some other house. "Developing a new product," my bootstraps! Smile

(22-10-2018 03:05 AM)leefish Wrote:  I should try playing Pleasantview again sometime, it is a great hood.
It is! I was playing the aforementioned Moku Lahahana hood for a while, and I had a lot of fun building it. But then I started feeling "homesick" for Pleasantview, so back to Pleasantview I went. And I haven't really dabbled with many hoods aside from it.

(22-10-2018 05:21 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  @Kunder If sims eventually die due to old age, don't you come telling me that I killed them. They died. Not my fault...
...but if you had the means to spare or prolong their lives (such as Elixir of Life) yet you neglected to employ those means, then that's death through laissez-faire, you evil, bad, naughty Simmer, you! You're not washing your hands of that. Cool

*furtively advises Leefish to change your forum title to Pontius Pilatefish (or something like that)* Tongue

(22-10-2018 08:45 PM)Kunder Wrote:  Don *IS* suspect in the disappearance of Bella Goth.
Don's innocent. Everyone knows that Bella was having a torrid affair with some mysterious hot air balloon pilot!

[Image: BellasBalloon.jpg]

They just haven't come down yet, that's all. Cool
(This post was last modified: 22-10-2018 10:21 PM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#58 22-10-2018 
@Pizzatron-9000

If I could permanently make a very, tall Sim, Lurch would be there.

Jill, (little blonde thing, in the Aerosmith shirt) is the daughter of PT#9, and Jenny Smith.Smile (your first option).

I agree, they are little "ingrates".Tongue

"You flatter me".
You're welcome.

"Ah. You're not a fan of Cyjon's fifty-billion behavior-altering mods, I take it."
Never heard of it.

"Well, even though I have the patch to fix Samantha's pregnancy, just the fact that EAxis shipped them in such an unfinished state turns me off to them. I did, however, marry Dora to Chief Anahu and welcome her into his tribal household when I last played my Twikkii-Island-like Moku Lahahana neighborhood. Other than that, I don't touch the Ottomas family much, and I'm content to watch Samantha waddle heavily around Pleasantview as she is."
I've never had issues with Samantha's pregnancy. She always delivers. I did a "Breed out the Ottomas Ugly Gene" challenge, and enjoyed it so much, I kept the "Ottomas Empire".

"Awww! At the risk of shedding a few of my Manly Points, that is too sweet for words! Smile

Just as in real life, death is one of the most significant events in Simmy life, and I'm touched that you treat it with the respect that it deserves. But death still bothers me a bit, and who really likes to deal with it? So I try to postpone my Simmy demises for as long as I can, and thus the Elixir of Life, Kibble of Life and vampirism flow freely in my hoods (with zombiism on the rise as well, even though some may consider the zombie state to be a fate worse than death). Kileighney Hagg is the lone deviant who uses a Cowplant to garner everlasting youth; she just keeps reanimating the same dead townie and feeding the resulting zombie to the Cowplant whenever she needs to get her youth back. Mother Gothel in Tangled was never this vicious. o_O

I'm also in the process of either beautifying Gothier Green Lawns or replacing it with a larger, nicer cemetery where live Sims can grieve for dead Sims (and where the Knowledge Sims can readily satisfy their "See Ghost" Wants; not every bygone Sim is content to rest in peace, after all)."
Yeah, I tend to dote over my Sims. I have a, "Thy Judgement Cometh Soon" cemetery in my H&L bin. It's very large, clean, and surrounded by a moat, to keep the ghosts at bey.

I STILL believe Don is either guilty, or knows what happened.

#59 22-10-2018 
(22-10-2018 09:58 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
...but if you had the means to spare or prolong their lives (such as Elixir of Life) yet you neglected to employ those means, then that's death through laissez-faire, you evil, bad, naughty Simmer, you! You're not washing your hands of that. Cool

*furtively advises Leefish to change your forum title to Pontius Pilatefish (or something like that)* Tongue

And as you should by now KNOW, I seldom, IF EVER, give out aspiration rewards. So why would I give anysim a bottle of elixir? And why would *I* bother to spare the lives of sims who INSIST on doing stupid things that get them killed?

Also, you may have missed this: I'm a moderator here... I can simply change my forum title back to whatever I want it to be!
Heck, I can change yours, you STALE OLD PIZZAFISH. It's just a matter of courtesy that I have not done so already!

#60 23-10-2018 
(22-10-2018 11:34 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  
(22-10-2018 09:58 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  

And as you should by now KNOW, I seldom, IF EVER, give out aspiration rewards. So why would I give anysim a bottle of elixir? And why would *I* bother to spare the lives of sims who INSIST on doing stupid things that get them killed?

Also, you may have missed this: I'm a moderator here... I can simply change my forum title back to whatever I want it to be!
Heck, I can change yours, you STALE OLD PIZZAFISH. It's just a matter of courtesy that I have not done so already!
Now-now. We're all friends here. Tongue

In defense of BO, Stupid Sims, should have the opportunity to win stupid prizes.

Sorry, that is a members only option