I've tried everything and can't get the game to work. Pink flashing textures/crashing
#11 10-08-2019 
@citrusalexx

Wrong. Chipsets affect the way the rest of the computer works. Don't believe me? Try running Win7Pro, on a Coffee Lake system.
Wrong again, ANY driver update, OR Win10 update, has the potential to nuke an old game/software on your computer.
And.... Wrong again. D9VK is NOT the be all fix for video games, and NO. Just because your new games work in WinX, doesn't mean D9VK will work. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Don't you think I've tried this already? LoL.

We'll wait for that emulator from you, that works EVERY time then.
If it works, I'll apologize, and kiss your butt. I'll even tickle it with my goatee.

I know exactly how D9VK works. Works on my MSI, Didn't work on an almost identical MSI, or an Acer Nitro5, or an Alienware.....
If it did work EVERY time, I would've most CERTAINLY spread the word, with DETAILED instructions on how to do it, and NOT looking down at others, because they DON'T know.

For example, I have detailed instructions, and files I FREELY share here, exclusively on LeeFish, for a WORKING solution to the WinX update problem. What have you contributed? @BoilingOil (Our resident Sage), and @celebkiriedhel (Our resident Sims 2 goddess), have contributed more here, than you, or I, EVER will. How about jumping on the wagon with us?

Yeah, I use, or have used Linux, FreeDOS, AND just about every other O/S out there, including CP/M, and I also, used to be an Assy language programmer. so you're not exclusive in this.

I can play Space Invaders, and Pac-Man on my Win7Pro system...... I use DOS box. So what.
Not everyone is computer savvy (I am), nor do they wish to be. I understand this. You, do not.

Don't set here and measure D*** sizes with me sonny, you'll lose, and @leefish won't tolerate it, neither will I.

However, if you have a REAL solution, that works EVERY TIME, Please share, but be willing to teach in detail, so OTHERS can learn, instead of standing off to the side, arrogantly smirking at others, and Copy/Paste the same drivel, over, and over again. That's NOT going to make you many friends here.

We conduct ourselves like adults (and friends) on this board, and you're acting like a child. Basically, stop being an arrogant, little ass.
I'm not trying to embarrass, or offend you, but you ARE being schooled for your OWN edification. Not mine. It doesn't matter HOW much you know, acting like an immature little Peck, isn't going to fly here.

Have a GREAT dayWink
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019 02:16 PM by Kunder.)

#12 10-08-2019 
(09-08-2019 09:50 PM)Kunder Wrote:  The Sims 2, is NOT optimized to run on GT, GTX, or RT cards...

This is the one thing I have to disagree with. I have a GTX card and TS2 runs smoothly and flawlessly and has for the last decade on both Win7 and Win10. I don't think you can lump ALL of those series into this statement.

#13 10-08-2019 
And you may be correct. As I use Quadro graphics for most everything I do, perhaps I should've investigated a little better. I got this information years ago, off of another forum, and didn't bother to investigate. My bad. I do make mistakes too. Thanks for the correction. Smile

#14 10-08-2019 
(10-08-2019 11:43 AM)Kunder Wrote:  I know exactly how D9VK works. Works on my MSI, Didn't work on an almost identical MSI, or an Acer Nitro5, or an Alienware.....
You insulted me several times and you're calling me a child? Ok.
I'm just going to make a detailed guide here that explains D9VK thoroughly and hope that some people find it useful.

#15 10-08-2019 
  • Registered
(09-08-2019 07:14 PM)citrusalex Wrote:  
(07-08-2019 11:40 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  If you're serious about wanting to run TS2 for a few more years, you will NEED to get a somewhat older
Download this file: https://git.froggi.es/joshua/d9vk/-/jobs.../download, extract it and in x32 folder, copy d3d9.dll file and put it in the same folder as Sims 2 EXE. Make sure you have latest and greatest nvidia driver (at least 430.xx) and then try running it. Also it's HIGHLY suggested you use 4GB patch on the game EXE otherwise it might crash after a while.
This is does not work flawlessly yet but the bugs are just so minor you can ignore them.
What this file essentially does is it re-implements whole DirectX 9 with Vulkan API. So even if Microsoft or Nvidia breaks DX9 entirely (which is what Sims 2 uses), Sims 2 will still work with it.
The name of this thing is D9VK (https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9vk) and it's sponsored by Valve as they use it in their Linux compatibility project, so it's not shady or anything.
I have to say, doing as this recommendation says has made the game quite playable where as before it simply didn't work at all. I've tested playing for a few hours now and I haven't had a single crash or pink texture anywhere where as before, they were all over the place. The worst thing I've seen is a tad bit of flickering, but not often. Also the in game cutscenes are black, but those can be disabled anyway. The game looks and plays like The Sims 2 has on systems where I have gotten it running. While who knows if it will work for everyone, it worked great for me and I think it could help solve some other people's issues with similar cards. Thanks!

#16 11-08-2019 
(10-08-2019 09:44 PM)citrusalex Wrote:  
(10-08-2019 11:43 AM)Kunder Wrote:  I know exactly how D9VK works. Works on my MSI, Didn't work on an almost identical MSI, or an Acer Nitro5, or an Alienware.....
You insulted me several times and you're calling me a child? Ok.
I'm just going to make a detailed guide here that explains D9VK thoroughly and hope that some people find it useful.
THANK you! Now you're talking. Smile That's all I asked. Smile

Welcome aboard! Let's all be friends. I'm sure you have plenty to teach, and learn, as do all of us.

#17 11-08-2019 
> The worst thing I've seen is a tad bit of flickering
Oh? Can you explain that in details?
It's just I want to report these issues you've experienced to the dev of this thing and hopefully he will fix it.

#18 11-08-2019 
  • Registered
(11-08-2019 07:43 PM)citrusalex Wrote:  > The worst thing I've seen is a tad bit of flickering
Oh? Can you explain that in details?
It's just I want to report these issues you've experienced to the dev of this thing and hopefully he will fix it.
In one household, occasionally the bed and sims would flicker a bit. However, after loading another household, I saw no flickering at all. Going back to the household I played before, the sims were flickering a bit again. It's very slightly noticeable and not a big deal, but it's there. The only other problem I had was the action cutscenes being black which wasn't a big deal as those can be turned off anyway. Thanks for the help though!
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019 08:32 PM by sodaG123.)

#19 31-08-2019 
(31-08-2019 06:03 AM)JoshuaAshton Wrote:  Stop being a arrogant, entitled, ignorant ****.

Before @leefish tears you a fresh one, let me warn you that this kind of language is not appreciated here. Way to make a first impression, and good luck on gaining support with this attitude.

#20 31-08-2019 
  • Registered
> let me warn you that this kind of language is not appreciated here

@Kunder used language that was a lot more insulting and a lot more frequent in his posts -- however, I'll probably get banned because I'm an "outsider," meh.

> Way to make a first impression, and good luck on gaining support with this attitude.

I'm not here to make a first impression, or gain support for anything. I'm just here to tell you guys that you are wrong, and to stop being an arsehole to a person who is only trying to help you.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option